Sign in to follow this  
Monkey_Man

Damn the waypoints

i got 4 grouped soldiers including me (the player) and a truck which has a driver (ai). I have said for the group of soldiers to get in, and then the truck to drive on for a bit then stop. I need the soldiers to get out and the truck to drive away.

I cant get this to work. Can anyone shed some light?

Anyone? ive looked at cant find anything that explains it well enough confused.gif

Here's a starting point;

Give yourself a get in Waypoint and sync it with a Load waypoint on the truck. Truck's second waypoint move or whatever and then where you want to get off give yourself a getOut waypoint and sync with a "transport unload" waypoint on truck. Then give truck move wp.....

...so you have two seperate waypoints = yours and the truck...truck should not be grouped with you.

You will have to tell your guys to get in and get out. There are many variations to this, perhaps group your guys. moveincargo unassign etc etc.

Anyways....it's a start. smile.gif

Ah...just give it a little time.....bn880 is out having lunch with Suma and Ralph is looking for his gluestick.....

tounge.gif

One more thing, the load and getin waypoints work, but when the truck gets there it just stops and no one gets out. Oh and i am not the leader of this group, so i cant tell them to get out. I have synced the waypoints smile.gif

Ideas?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bosun @ Aug. 19 2002,19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ah...just give it a little time.....bn880 is out having lunch with Suma and Ralph is looking for his gluestick.....

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif

I was just riding my bike (got rained on)... Suma is sleeping, remember what time it is.

You're the right man for the job anyway. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bn880

I was just riding my bike (got rained on)... <span id='postcolor'>

...riding in the rain ....a much better idea then sitting in front of this white screen smile.gif

but while l'm here; monkeyman....what l said earlier should work, except give your group leader the getin and get out waypoint. should work, will work, .

getin sync load........getout sync transport unload... biggrin.gif

good...

smile.gif

as it's hard to find tutorials at the moment you might want to download this OLDER MANUAL which has some very good things in it. Just click under editor or triggers when you get it.

smile.gif

Yep, it should work. On the other hand if you choose unload for the truck instead of transport unload it will not. biggrin.gif