Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

Aircraft gauges night textures question

Looking up to import my aircrafts made for A2 to A3, I've been noticed that cockpit instruments (gauges) night textures are not working any more .... back at A2 era the way to make these textures work at night, providing backlight for instruments, was the use of planes above any gauge using a transparent texture with only gauges texture visible (painted with some other color perhaps and using the appropriate rvmat file for it). The name for that selection also had to be "podsvit pristroju" which also had to be stated into model.cfg

More or less this story is known for the modders here.

Now this way of naming (podsvit pristroju) it seems that it is not valid so the whole procedure is not working (on A3 I mean).

Is anyone able to inform us about the new naming which default BIS aircraft is using to achieve this effect ?

Any help will be much appreciated.

ok I found that this is not matter of naming but probably some different procedure that BIS is following to achieve this "glow" effect for the gauges during night ... I have my gauges "glowing" after the engine of the aircraft is starting but still I can't make them "glow" enough (as BIS did in the default aircraft) ...

Anyway I'll keep searching about that.

ok I must admit my failure ... whatever I've tried was never gave the desirable result ... every time my aircraft cockpit was covered by shadow, gauges glow was not visible ... I quit unless anyone knows the answer pointing me to the right direction. :(

Well finally I found whats going on with night textures.

The basic procedure is as described at my first post above and it is known to most modders ... what was missing is an rvmat file to combine this night textures ... and this file should be as follow ...

class StageTI
{
texture = "a3\data_f\default_vehicle_ti_ca.paa";
};
ambient[] = {1,1,1,1};
diffuse[] = {1,1,1,1};
forcedDiffuse[] = {0,0,0,0};
emmisive[] = {60,55,55,1};
specular[] = {0,0,0,1};
specularPower = 1;
PixelShaderID = "Normal";
VertexShaderID = "Basic";

This rvmat isn't mine but it is used by BIS vehicles (cars and aircraft) for night textures.

Case closed

Thanks Gnat.

btw ... just for reference, this is how this rvmat makes my F-16 night textures looks like ... http://prntscr.com/1u5vud

Ofcourse you can change the coloring either through the texture or from rvmat values.

Cheers