Sign in to follow this  
NickThissen

Enemies continue with waypoints when engaged

Hi,

I have created some enemy 'patrol' by simply placing some waypoints for them to go around in circles. I have also created a boat patrol by placing an opfor assault boat and making it go along the coastline with simple move waypoints. When the boat spots me (or when I start shooting at it) it starts returning fire, but it does not stop, it simply continues along its waypoints and after a few seconds it's already too far away to be any threat. I have noticed the same with enemy foot soldiers but it seems more random there, sometimes they will stop and lay down and shoot me, other times they will fire a few times and then just walk along as if nothing happened. It makes any kind of patrol irrelevant as you can just ignore it by walking away :j:

Is there any type of waypoint that I'm missing here? I just use move but I can't find one that does what I want (just move if not engaged, but stop to eliminate the enemy (me) when engaged)?

Thanks.

You need to run a script that deletes the waypoints and adds a "Seek and Destroy" or similar. Script packages like UPS/UPSMON do this for you.

You need to run a script that deletes the waypoints and adds a "Seek and Destroy" or similar. Script packages like UPS/UPSMON do this for you.

Thanks, that works great!