Sign in to follow this  
toscar12

Why still no crossfire??

why is there still no crossfire support?. Didn't Bohemia interactive learn there lesson from arma 2 and arma 2 oa what an absolute load of crap I thought there was no way they wouldn't include crossfire in arma 3 but here we are. I am disappointed for my self having 2 7970s but its not that bad because I can still max it out on one but it would have been great to be able to use 2 it would have flown. Mainly I feel sorry for people with crossfire 7870 or 7770s and lower it must feel like a kick to the head for some. Did it just slip their mind to include it or is there still a chance it will come about?

I don't think you understand how crossfire works, gets implemented, and who adds support for it.

Crossfire support is not up to the game devs.

Crossfire must be added at driver level from your respected graphics card manufacturer. Wait for them to update drivers with crossfire profiles for various games.

Side note, crossfire does work by the way. It worked in Arma 2 and it works in Arma 3. Perhaps the scalability you're looking for isn't there yet, or you're being bottlenecked by the cpu, hdd, or even ram.

seriously I think the devs have something to do with it as well but you might be right. In arma2 the only time there is an improvement with crossfire for me is at the menu other than that not one single extra frame and arma 3 it seems to be the same. So I don't know do you have Crossfire? My specs are 3930k 4.7ghz 16gb corsair dominator gt and a 2tb wd caviar black would any of them become a bottle neck?

(just ran the arma2 OA benchmark01 actually got 40 with cf 42 without lol) I have been playing BI titles since the first operation flashpoint when I was a kid they make games like no other Im just really disappointed that there is no cf support part of me blames the devs even if its amds fault because maybe they could have worked with them to get decent crossfire performance.

Edited by toscar12

crossfire works for me.

not great, but until the CAP from AMD changes i wouldn't expect it to