Sign in to follow this  
David77

Distance calculations acting wierd

Has anyone else noticed how anything to do with distance is acting wonky? ie; your team member calls out a unit @ 800m away, but in reality said unit is 50m away. The first time I noticed this I thought the Ai must have detected a unit that far away, which isn't unusual for the ai to do. But then it kept happening every time I would get into a CQB situation. I've played thousands of hours since 2002 aswell, so how the ai act is second nature to me. After noticing & totally forgetting about this, sometime later I went to a BE CTI server & I noticed the distance calculations on Benny's dialog (UI) for team structures (heavy factory etc etc) were way off aswell. Like I would order a quadbike from the only light factory that's @ "2826 meters". When really I'm standing right infront of the factory & my quad spawns.

I realize BEwarfare is a user made mission & that some code may need fixing. However, the two experiences went hand n' hand for me. So I don't think it's exclusive to Benny's mission.