Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

How to update the server files?

I have used steam on my remote box to install arma3 and used the server exe in the game folder to run the server. Does that get updated automatically (just run steam and let it update) or do you have to do that weird backdoor shit with command line parameters and cmd files?

Yes, correct - If you are just using the STEAM Client for 1 running copy of a DS then you are fine as you are - Keeping using the Steam Client to update.

You should also be able to use 1 * HC on that system too (unless you are gaming from that same system 'your session', in that case you can't)

If you intend on running a DS without a license then you would use the 'weird backdoor shit' as you have stated :D

Do I have to keep steam running on the box to RUN the server too? Or only for updating? The server runs fine without steam running at the same time but i wonder if that may cause some ID errors that people get on the server

No you shouldn't need to have the Steam Client running (although if running a HC I think you do, at least in my case my HC wants the Steam Client to be in 'Online' mode). You can then, as you have said, use it for 'updating'.

I use a batch file to start my A3 Dedicated Server (DS), and HC

Edited by LondonLad