Sign in to follow this  
gummybear_qc

Questions about free DLC?!?

Hello, so I was disapointed to see arma 3 was missing the F35 and Osprey from the official screenshots. And then I learn there will be 3 DLC for campaing and maybe the missing aircrafts will be included? Also, they improoved the parachuting so perfectly that its impossible there is no plane oe VTOL transport!

I bet on that the vehicles and weapons are not yet ready as they should be. I know that BIS guys are really into making a great game without releasing content that is not worth it unlike a lot of big game companies nowadays.

Just wait a few weeks and you will see content coming up not as DLC but regular patches and later even DLCs like in ARMA2 OA.

It was hinted that more content will come with the Campaign Episodes. They also confirmed in one of the Sitreps that they are working on 2 "fixed-winged beasts". You might want to keep your eyes on www.ArmA3.com and the Developer Blog. Something will be announced tomorrow.

You might be happy to hear aswell, that the offical Tactical Guide that comes with the Deluxe/Supporter Edition contains a section about F-35, C-192 (C-130 like plane).

The guide also shows pictures of the Bulldog (Kel-Tec KSG) and the AA-12.

Regarding the stuff you saw on screenshots (e.g. Osprey), don't take it as something that is in the game /will get patched in later. Pre-Mid 2012 they showed a lot of stuff that where placeholders.

For further information continue reading here.

I really hope they add the Osprey. The ingame Fieldmanual shows him under VTOLS.

Edited by ElPresidente

You might be happy to hear aswell, that the offical Tactical Guide that comes with the Deluxe/Supporter Edition contains a section about F-35, C-192 (C-130 like plane).

The guide also shows pictures of the Bulldog (Kel-Tec KSG) and the AA-12.

That means nothing. The Devs have already confirmed that the F-35 was nothing more than a place holder to show off clouds. It's not going to be part of the game.

The fact that it's in the tactics guide simply shows that the guide has been under development for a very long time and isn't confirmation that those items and vehicles will ever be part of ArmA3.

Well I hope they would add at least a transport plane... you can't even parachute with a ghosthawk, you die as soon as you eject...

Speaking of transport planes, while looking through the tactical guide pdf that came with some versions (and soon to be published in physical form i believe) there is a picture of a C-130 like transport plane with the caption C-192 Samson cargo plane (pdf pg 128, physical page 254). Throughout the guide there are pictures of stuff from All in Arma but all of those pictures are tagged as them being from that.

Also on pg 160 (219 in physical copy) there is a pic of a RH-9 Hummingbird, Basically a recon variant of the pawnee/hummingbird. There are also pics of the F-35 that don't mention its from All in Arma. I'm pretty curious if this is upcoming stuff.