Sign in to follow this  
limboLIVE98

Bad FPS in Full Release

I get 45-50FPS with my 7790 graphics card... except multiplayer where everything goes to shit.

Fully agree I´ve the same.... and its a good card... disapointing

Nope, Its been proven by other players and by me. I monitored my CPU (AMD PII X6 @4.0GHz) while playing and core #1 was at about 60%-70% at full load while ingame and the rest or the cores we chilling at about 20%-30%.

Well, I didn't prove, but my 4 cores were all at about 60-70%, no chilling cores for me with core No.1 sometimes slightly higher but not very significant. Seems there are huge differences from rig to rig (which isn't a rare phenomenon at all anyway).

The thing is that at least with singleplayer the multi core usage could be fixed so easily by just making the game host the mission on a seperate dedicated server exe in the background. In fact, missions with high AI count hosted on a dedicated server plus the client on my own machine already made Arma 2 the only game to ever use my i5-2500k@4.4ghz at close to a 100% on all cores.

It does also gives you MUCH improved FPS compared to just playing it via Scenario or hosting it "in-game".

Multiplayer performance is a different thing. I don't know exactly whether its the netcode or the server software that forces the clients to use the server FPS as an upper threshold, but some of that stuff should have been rewritten from the ground up. I mean it has been exactly the same thing in Arma 2.

same, i get bad fps aswell, sometimes it's 39 fps sometimes i get 7 fps -.-

system : 450 GTS

AMD phenom II x4 965 Processor 3.4 GHZ

8 GB corsair RAM

I run 900 visibility and obj distance.

No blur or eye candy, and ultra on all other settings.

it makes no difference in FPS because of how poorly utilized the potential of the engine is. Standard and Ultra is about 1,5fps difference for me.

It´s unnecessarily CPU heavy. If they could allocate more stuff on to the GPU everyone would experience a pretty huge boost in FPS.

And online, what specs you have means nothing. You can have a deuce with electricity going through it and get the same FPS as a gaming computer. Bit weird.

The thing is that at least with singleplayer the multi core usage could be fixed so easily by just making the game host the mission on a seperate dedicated server exe in the background. In fact, missions with high AI count hosted on a dedicated server plus the client on my own machine already made Arma 2 the only game to ever use my i5-2500k@4.4ghz at close to a 100% on all cores.

It does also gives you MUCH improved FPS compared to just playing it via Scenario or hosting it "in-game".

Multiplayer performance is a different thing. I don't know exactly whether its the netcode or the server software that forces the clients to use the server FPS as an upper threshold, but some of that stuff should have been rewritten from the ground up. I mean it has been exactly the same thing in Arma 2.

Yep, this. And with an overclocked quad core you are laughing (my 2500k is @ 4.7Ghz). In Arma 2 I would play all my single player missions like this, and would be on around 50FPS with several hundred AI.

I was playing Escape from Altis last night, FPS averaging at 55.

Settings on Ultra with no tweaking other than View Distance set to 2500

I have a i5-3570K OC to 4.2GHZ, 7970 OC to 1GHZ, 8GB 1600MHZ ram, SSD etc..

If you have the right hardware for the settings you choose and play the right mission on a decent server you will get a decent experience with acceptable FPS for the amount of stuff happening on screen.

Play with sub standard hardware with too high settings and an unoptimized user mission on a server which is actually some berk hosting from his own PC over a 2meg DSL connection and it's going to be a bit crappy.

Could the game use optimization, sure it could. No doubt BI will improve the performance as time goes on but it's not as bad as some people make out it is.

If you're getting FPS in the teens maybe the problem is at your end?

Maybe?

A little?

No? Your perfect and the machine you play on is perfect and it's all the game fault? bullpoop! :P

I have never really had a problem with frame rates in this game, anything above 40-45 fps is fine as far as i am concerned, but today my brother told me to add these parameters to my launch options "-maxmem=8192" "-maxvram=4042" "-cpucount=4" "-exthreads=3" -nosplash

After i did that my frames jumped from 47fps to 63 fps, most settings if not all were on ultra, view distance was at 3800, object distance at 3200, so with the extra fps i was getting i decided to up the view distance to 5000 and object distance to 3500. When i put myself in a heli hovering over the largest town on Altis with 30 AI patrolling on the streets below i was getting 35 fps, but im happy with that.

System specs;

i5 2500k @4Ghz

8Gb Ram

GTX 670 OC

Hope this helps someone.

I have never really had a problem with frame rates in this game, anything above 40-45 fps is fine as far as i am concerned, but today my brother told me to add these parameters to my launch options "-maxmem=8192" "-maxvram=4042" "-cpucount=4" "-exthreads=3" -nosplash

After i did that my frames jumped from 47fps to 63 fps, most settings if not all were on ultra, view distance was at 3800, object distance at 3200, so with the extra fps i was getting i decided to up the view distance to 5000 and object distance to 3500. When i put myself in a heli hovering over the largest town on Altis with 30 AI patrolling on the streets below i was getting 35 fps, but im happy with that.

System specs;

i5 2500k @4Ghz

8Gb Ram

GTX 670 OC

Hope this helps someone.

Oh, the update wiped my launch options also. Going to go reset them

My 7970 ghz edition dont even get utilized above 15 / 30% gpu usage.

FPS between 15 and 35 max in multiplayer, average 22 fps.

There is more no impact (on the order of 5% max) that is set the graphics don't change anything, or almost.

Spec:

2600K@4.4ghz

7970 ghz edition

8 GB DDR3

ASUS Maximus V Formula