Sign in to follow this  
Frankdatank1218

Positive yet realistic outolook on release content/state

Arma 3 is this in a nutshell. I sigh in disappointment of the lack of variety, BUT THEN I see all of the vehicles handle so much better with better physics, the infantry controls and stance adjustments so awesome for firing from cover, and the graphics/performance (performance is still not like anything of a smaller scale like BF, but still better than Arma 2) are so big an improvement over A2 that I can't go back and play A2 anymore because it's variety is greater but it' core gameplay is too weak in comparison.

If a sequel is so good I can't stand to play the previous game due to it's core inferiority in comparison, I consider it a successful sequel. Not only is quality more important than quantity but Arma 3's variety and replay value is still better than pretty much any military game besides Arma 2. The map is more than twice as big as GTA 5's that Jokestar likes to herald as the biggest thing ever, considerably bigger than Arma 2, and is frankly more detailed. Each gun is much more modular/now actually modular in general, actually has recoil and a more unique recoil profile, and like it or not, look more unique than the immeasurably over used AK's and AR's of other mil games and have better looking models and animations than Arma 2's. The vehicles handle better and have improved physics and look more unique than seeing UAZ's, Humvees, T80/90's and M1A1's for the eight millionth time. Also take into account we have a better variety of mods at launch then any other Arma game because of the Alpha/Beta. How many mods did Arma 2 have right at or before release?...exactly.

Arma 3 is certainly not 100% the game we all hoped for, and some of us might have hoped for too much "An independently funded/developed game with BF3's performance, the best graphics around, far smoother core mechanics, biggest map in the series AND most units in the series by a longshot and the biggest campaign ever". But Arma 3 comes impressively close to that lofty goal, especially if you take into account the modern "staggered release/evolving content" approach of Arma 3 that ensures nothing but considerable improvement in the future. I think though while it's worth criticizing (not moaning and bashing though), and not for everyone, it is still a satisfactory game that will make many people leave A2 behind.