Sign in to follow this  
Stapo

Havent touched ArmA 3 in about 6 months, got some questions about terrain making

I Started making a 5x5 Terrain/Island back in April but had to pause working on it while waiting for the tools to complete it properly. which brings me to my questions:

- Are we now able to add Road networks to our terrains and use custom road textures? (i know we can add road networks now, but can we use/make our own road textures to go with it?)

- Can we now add BIS ArmA 3 Buildings to our terrains?

- Will we see (or is there) an updated version of Visitor?

Kind Regards, Stapo.

Also sorry if the answers to my questions are already posted, i just couldnt find them.

Hi Stapo,

For question 1 & 2 : check this post

For question 3 : We will see an updated version of the tools after launch but when is the real question.

Working on something different than dayz ?

Hi Stapo,

For question 1 & 2 : check this post

For question 3 : We will see an updated version of the tools after launch but when is the real question.

Working on something different than dayz ?

yeah stopped the whole dayz thing abit before ArmA 3.

Also, thanks for the links :)

Yes it's actually quite easy to create your own road texture now and implement with the shape files.

Edit

Found mine, right after zerogs quote you'll see the section on creating custom roads:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151398-road-shapefile-making-guide

It's actually pretty awesome how you just need a straight piece and an end piece and the system takes care of the rest by segmenting the straight piece to turn it into curves

Edit2- lol I see pepinkr already found it.

Edited by M1lkm8n

Edit2- lol I see pepinkr already found it.

I'm stalking you, you should know that. Every usefull information you post will be in my thread :p