Sign in to follow this  
R4IDER

Repair/Refuel/Rearm vehicle changes

Hi,

I have been playing around with the repair and refuel trucks in arma 3 and I have noticed that refueling and repairing is something that happens instantly when you drive a broken vehicle next to the repair truck for example. It looks kind of strange having a vehicle that once had no front wheels suddenly bounce up and be magically repaired so wouldn't it be better if a delay could be added to these particular vehicles? for example every 20 seconds or so, 10% of the vehicle would be repaired or refueled.

Valid point. Make a feedback tracker post with the issue and I'm sure people will vote on it.

Also try expanding your thread title so that it better explains your post. "repair vehicle" is a little vague.

As per forum rule numero 21:

§21) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first.

Thread titles such as "How in the world do I...", "Need help!" or "Will we ever see..." are anything but descriptive. We do not allow these kind of titles and threads with such titles are subject to be closed.

I'll change the title for you once you think of a new one ;)

Maybe repair/refuel truck changes

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

Repair/Refuel Truck Customization

does this happen with ammo too?? because i cant seem to get rearmed from the ammo trucks, might just be a beta bug though

There is no ammo inside of the vehicle so you would need to add the ammo to the cargo what it does do is resupply vehicle ammo but again this happens instantly so like the fuel & repair truck it would be cool to add a delay onto this also.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14200

Hey,

Is the new thread title OK with you?

Have anyone notice that the rearming vehicle doesnt rearm bombs for the casjet? Or am i doing something wrong? Both the repair and refueling and all other weapenload works fine.

Rearm vehicle stops rearming after 1 second, it is really annoying. In a Buzzerd I have to stop at 5 ammo trucks to get most of the ammo reloaded. I want how it was in ArmA2 where you could rearm a jet 3 or 4 times fully. Also you can not rearm on the backside, only the side of the vehicle.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

There is no ammo inside of the vehicle so you would need to add the ammo to the cargo what it does do is resupply vehicle ammo but again this happens instantly so like the fuel & repair truck it would be cool to add a delay onto this also.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14200

I tried to add weaponscargo to the ammo truck with the class names found in the config, but it was said the ammo is not there.

Besides, default ammo trucks should have ammo inside for all vehicles. The fuel truck has fuel in it too right.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13885

This has something to do with the question I asked in this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163311-Rearm-vehicles-with-ammotruck-not-working-(SP-MP)&p=2492172&viewfull=1#post2492172

Don't de-rail this thread though please, use the link I posted for that specific question. (How do you re-arm an ammo truck, without scripting).

Hi,

It looks kind of strange having a vehicle that once had no front wheels suddenly bounce up and be magically repaired so wouldn't it be better if a delay could be added to these particular vehicles? for example every 20 seconds or so, 10% of the vehicle would be repaired or refueled.

I was thinking the same thing the other day when watching arma 2 videos. I thought it would be cool to improve some of the non-combat aspects in arma 3. Not sure how it would be done but I thought it would be interesting to include some sort of repair crew that would legitimately repair the vehicle or hookup the tow truck. Of course these units could be shot and killed mid repair or wounded and so forth. This would be a really mundane role to play as an actual human player but if the crew was AI by default it would add another degree of realism.

I was thinking the same thing the other day when watching arma 2 videos. I thought it would be cool to improve some of the non-combat aspects in arma 3. Not sure how it would be done but I thought it would be interesting to include some sort of repair crew that would legitimately repair the vehicle or hookup the tow truck. Of course these units could be shot and killed mid repair or wounded and so forth. This would be a really mundane role to play as an actual human player but if the crew was AI by default it would add another degree of realism.

This happens in a lot of communities and it certainly happens in the one I play with.

You're talking about having a human player fill the mundane roles or are you talking about using a mod that accomplishes this already?

You're talking about having a human player fill the mundane roles or are you talking about using a mod that accomplishes this already?

I actually think a player could do this, but I think it would require things like towing, fastroping and slingloading to be implemented to make best use of it (as well as adding a transport plane perhaps to allow loading of vehicles). I used to enjoy doing things like this in A2 ACE

I know that some of my friends enjoy doing more real life type tasks in game because they weren't exactly the best shooters/tacticians. Also, it would allow people like that to be useful in a way that other games don't allow them to be.