Sign in to follow this  
lao fei mao

What parameters determine the bouncing feature in class thing or simulation = thing?

I'm trying to make an addon to allow the cartridges fired from small arms could stay on the surface of ground, floor, rocks...

And I have found the all the types of FxCartridge use the simulation = "thingeffect", under its class, there are two line "submerged = 0;

submergeSpeed = 0;". Thought them might determine if the cartridges could stay on the surface, so I set them all to "0", but they doesn't work.

Then I change the simulation into "thing", and keep the two line value at 0, this time it really works, the cartridge could stay the surface.

However, a annoying thing happens, each cartridges would bounce up and down on the ground like a pingpang many times before its finally stopping, you know it's not realistic, I wish the cartridge can only bounce one to two times.

So I tried to find some parameters under class thing and even class default, but failed.

Can anybody know to tweek it?

If I understand correctly, you might be looking for the "deflecting" variable/attribute for the ammo class being used.