Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

Custom sound not playing at the proper volume inside a vehicle

So right now I'm making a mission in which two soldiers have a conversation while traveling inside an APC. I've got custom sound set up and all the other bits and pieces work and sound fine.

But the sounds that are being played while traveling inside the APC are muffled when I am in first person mode, and when I go into third person mode the sounds are good, at the right volume. Does anybody know how to force the volume of the sound to be higher while inside the vehicle, without blowing up someone's speakers while in third person? :p

This is very frustrating to say the least, since everything else works just fine.

I think this is an engine feature, I remember reading somewhere that the sounds are changed when being heard from inside a vehicle. If it is hard coded into the engine it may not be possible to change it.

You may be able to force the engine into thinking you are outside the vehicle but then ask other sound would be affected also.

There is a way to do this. I found it, ignored it, now I need it and cant find it. If you are still looking I'll post it when I find it.

That's all good for your own sounds, what about muffled outdoor sounds? For instance while parachuting.

as Iceman says ,

When you're in a vehicle and play a sound, it will be muffled unless using array overload and pass true as the second parameter.

if (player == assignedDriver (vehicle player)) then {
  playSound ["SoundName", true];
};

Should work fine to broadcast sound to a specific unit only (driver in this case). Then it couldn't possibly be broadcasted all over the map