Sign in to follow this  
itchy_trigger

Make unit start with trigger

I did a search but couldn't find what I was looking for

I want to make a squad and several separate units appear on the mission by responding to a trigger.

I want to give them waypoints like a normal unit but that the start when a trigger is active.

I can't do this with CamCreate

I can help, but i'm not sure i understand.

First, do you just want them to appear out of thin air?

second, what is it you want them to do after they're there?

Yes out of thin air. I'm having trouble with getting units to disembark boats son I wan to simulate it. When the boat gets close to the shore I want the units to apear. Second I want the units to mout vehicles, patrol, normal things

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (itchy_trigger @ Aug. 16 2002,18:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes out of thin air.  I'm having trouble with getting units to disembark boats son I wan to simulate it.  When the boat gets close to the shore I want the units to apear.  Second I want the units to mout vehicles, patrol, normal things<span id='postcolor'>

Seems to me you need more help with waypoints then triggers.

Way to many things to explain here.

Search and download the commandreference and browse the Mission editing forum here and at OFPEC. Read read read, try try try, curse curse curse.

That s how most people do it smile.gif

Ok I think you guys do not understand me.

I know how to add waypoints and make units mount vehicles etc.

This is what I want to do and need help with:

I create a "group", give it waypoints and stuff to do, just like any other unit. But I don't want the to appear right when the mission start, but later on the mission. I was thinking about a presence trigger, when certain specific unit enters the area, the trigger goes active and the "group" appears and begins to follow its waypoints.

Before the trigger the unit is not on the map, after the trigger the unit appears.

Not sure if this will help but perhaps a starting point;

SETPOSGETPOS

I'm not sure about giving them waypoints from here, but you could give them moveincommands after they appear..anyways play with it....

hope it helps. smile.gif