Sign in to follow this  
Yashamalu

1st person only Wasteland

Ok I searched the forum but found nothing, surprised to see this hasn't been brought up yet?! Recently I noticed that in a DM mission infantry is allowed only 1st person view, which is a milestone towards realistic and tactical gaming. With the implement of 1st person view only mech in Wasteland, many issues could be solved:

(1)No more continuous non-stopping annoying gun ramming players over and over, cause drivers could not see exactly where you are.

(2)Better chances to ambush vehicles including tanks. As long as you stay in cover, vehicles, especially "tanks", cannot spot you over the sloped terrain. Hell you can put a charge behind them and blow it sky high! And if the commander wish to turn out to look around, you could snipe him right away. Now APCs really need to rely on infantries to provide assistance.

(3)No more riskless camping. Without 3rd person view, campers need to risk being discovered as well to observe enemies movement. Also it would be easier to flank the enemies using terrain complexity so players really need to have people guarding their flank now.

There is a video discussing such issue:

Anyway if anyone knows a Wasteland server that permits only 1st person view, please let me know, really appreciated!

Wasteland discussions belong into Wasteland threads.

Isn't this just a server option to disable 3rd Person? I wish more would, as first person is, imo, the best way to play these games.

Wasteland discussions belong into Wasteland threads.

Well maybe I should have posted on BETA User Mission session but this is a general discussion for all Wasteland missions, not for any single version of them.

I played on one 2 days ago and i managed to "crack" it. Apparently if you held shift and ran you could press alt and get third person. It did not work all the time but i had it activated for a good 20 seconds until it locked again.

I'd say you'd be better off posting in the threads though - this is entirely the wrong forum altogether.

Wasteland isn't an addon/mod since you can just join one without having to download an external package and install it. Also, I highly doubt many are taking notice here - at least on the threads it is centralized.

Allowing 3rd person is a server config setting, and Wasteland questions/suggestions belong in the appropriate threads.

Closing, since this has nothing to do with addons or mods.