Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

A dumb mod: Swim Stratis

When I change weather settings in editor maxtide stops working :(

I want to make a mission with a storm and maxtide=3 for atmospheric firefights in Agia Marina.

how do you change the height?

Edited by KDK11

Is it compatible to the full version being out now?

I've created a folder @sakuswimarma, put the file into it and started the game with the parameter -mod=@sakuswimarma

No effect.

Is it compatible to the full version being out now?

I've created a folder @sakuswimarma, put the file into it and started the game with the parameter -mod=@sakuswimarma

No effect.

make sure that you have the pbo in an addons folder like this... in the arma 3 root, >>@sakuswimarma>>Addons>>yourPBOfileHERE

hope this helps... :)

-Raps

Cool addon!

Is maxTide a command in the Arma engine?

Edit: Made a ticket for it to become a scripting command: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14350

Yes, ATM you can alter it only from the config I think. Apparently in the DLC ACR for Arma2, there was a system to make scripted flood, by spawning a "pond object". But this object is not present yet in arma3.

I voted up your ticket.

Edit: If you want to scare yourself or do some surfing, alter the wave parameters: MaxWaveSeaWaveXScale, SeaWaveZScale, SeaWaveHScale, SeaWaveXDuration, SeaWaveZDuration.

Look at this poor guy:

Hj53gvL.jpg?1

Edited by super-truite

make sure that you have the pbo in an addons folder like this... in the arma 3 root, >>@sakuswimarma>>Addons>>yourPBOfileHERE

hope this helps... :)

-Raps

It works now. And reading the whole thread, somebody before me ran into that issue :rolleyes:

But it's a pity that doors can't be opened and that the "unreal" ocean still has land sounds (crickets etc) and land gunfire sounds.

Does anyone know if this can be written into a multi-player mission rather than running this as a client side mod? If so, where would I put the code?

nope, no scripting command yet, so client needs to download the mod...I am stuck with this method too for Armageddon (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170657-ArmAgeddon).

Please upvote this feedback tracker ticket:

Hmm for some reason I don't have access to the feedback tracker (bad internet connection), I 'll put the later.

• Thanks 1

Levolution! :D

BF4 is old now :D

This can create almost unlimited different maps, woah! Great mod :D