Sign in to follow this  
Elm0

HUD Suggestions + additions I hope to see

-A set of diagonal lines to show where the rover wheels will be if the rover continues to move forward, can be toggled on and off. Just something to help avoid those sneaky ninja rocks. Excuse the horrible paint work, but it's late (been playing TOM a lot)

TOM2.jpg

-Remove the 6 wheel indicator when selecting the mast, replace it with a small diagram showing the direction the mast is pointing in reference to the rover body. Clicking the indicator will reset the mast to the default, or front facing, position.

TOM4.jpg

- While talking about controls, the ability to select:

WSAD + Mouse control panels

WSAD + Arrow Key control panels

I only mention this because I am more comfortable using the keyboard to control the arm and head, and would like to do both at the same with the keyboard.

-Using the 4 corner buttons for the robotic arm, the ability to program the arm into 4 positions. For example, clicking the top left button would return the arm and head to the stowed position, clicking bottom right would place the arm out and 1m from the ground with the soil probe pointing down.

-The free-fly camera is VERY sensitive. Maybe add a slider to decrease the acceleration of the camera?

-I know it's coming, but a quick little explanation of which instruments do what would be greatly appreciated. Had to google the DAN.

-Selecting a higher quality sampling tool, from what I understand right now, only increases its chances of not being destroyed by careless operations (I think). However, I feel that paying the extra should also include higher sample count for instruments with limited sampling uses (i.e soil probe). So instead of 20 uses, make it 30 or 40. Same for cameras, higher quality camera produces better/sharper view. Less prone to glare, dust etc.

-Something I was really hoping for but haven't seen (yet... still only tech level 10) but grabbers to pick up small rocks and to place into a small container on the top of the rover for advanced sampling. Would be a great test of skill when operating the arm/head.

- It's been said in other threads, but to add my two cents: No more glowing mission areas. They really do detract from the nature of the game. I would rather see all of that replaced with a satellite image mini map that can be zoomed in on, a compass, and GPS co-ordinates. Maybe have this toggled at the beginning of the scenario like real time and game time.

Hey! Neat ideas

One of those features already exists, I discovered it by accident, haha. In the Free-float mode, you can use the scroll wheel to change the speed/sensitivity of movement.