Sign in to follow this  
Azza FHI

Certain triggers not firing on dedi server

Hi, I am mostly a noob when mission editing but I have still made quite a few missions (a2) that work quite well with triggers etc.

im back to editing now with a3 but have come across a weird situation where testing missions thru the MP editor everything works fine but when testing on a dedi server certain things don't work

E.g. I have a hostage script that specifies 'target1 = true' when the hostage joins player group. then I have a trigger with condition 'target1' synced to waypoints of enemy reinforcements.

in MP editor the reinforcements arrive as normal

when dedi server they do not. the weird thing is that the trigger fires (checked with hint on activation) but any objects synced to that trigger to do not activate.

for the time being I have to work around the problem by only using simple triggers like blufore present etc.

is this an arma 3 bug or am I missing something?

Either do:

target1 = true; publicVariable "target1";

or change the condition of your trigger from "target1" to:

triggerActivated nameOfTriggerThatSetTarget1

yeah ok, cheers for that, I no theres lots of guides to editing, but I have not found one that outlines the main differences that you need to change when editing in MP missions. eg the above issue or the 'if isServer' command

while trying to research I also ready that 'player' does not work correctly on dedi server. I have 'p1 == group player' in a trigger and it seems to work fine?

thanks for any help, just want to build a little more knowlege