Sign in to follow this  
Der Regulator

BattlEye doesn't find BEServer.cfg - even if it is set up

So, our server is actually up and running fine - except for us getting flooded by hackers.

I think BattlEye is running (as we're getting messages from it), but I'm not able to connect with any rCon-tool/BEC, it always says "make sure you set up a rcon password in your BEServer.cfg.

Facts:

- The BEServer.cfg is there and in the same folder as the BEServer.dll

- BattlEye updates and initializes correctly.

- The Startup parameters point to the correct -profile and -bepath.

We get these messages in the server console on startup, yet I'm not able to connect via dart and other tools:

13:45:59 Host identity created.
13:47:12 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.174)
13:47:12 Host identity created.
13:48:21 Mission Takistan Life: Revolution read from bank.
13:49:00 Roles assigned.
13:49:00 Reading mission ...
13:49:15 Mission read.
13:50:43 Game started.

BEServer.cfg (we did not include the ping parameter):

RConPassword (not public, durr)

Startup parameters:

-port=2302 "-config=C:\_SERVER\[...]\(gamefolder)\(config).cfg" "-cfg=C:\_SERVER\[...]\(gamefolder)\basic.cfg" "-profiles=C:\_SERVER\[...]\(gamefolder)" -netlog -pid=pid.log -mod=arma2;EXPANSION;ca -BePath=C:\_SERVER\[...]\(gamefolder)\Expansion\BattlEye

well several things you can do.

double check your path

-BePath=C:\_SERVER\[...]\(gamefolder)\Expansion\BattlEye

Check that the file is named correctly and dont have wrong extension. Ie. not BeServer.cfg.txt or BeServer.txt.cfg

i belive it is a common mistake some people do. unhide known extensions in your windoes if you have not already done so.

you could try to remove the

-BePath parameter

so -profiles=C:\_SERVER\[...]\(gamefolder)" will create a BattlEye Dir in that directory.

like: C:\_SERVER\[...]\(gamefolder)\BattlEye

now drop your BEServer.cfg in there and restart the Arma server.

if all set correct. Try to login with the offical BERcon.exe. if that works you can go around messing with the other tools.

if it all still failes.

Time to read this page

double check your path

-BePath=C:\_SERVER\[...]\(gamefolder)\Expansion\BattlEye I have.

Check that the file is named correctly and dont have wrong extension. Ie. not BeServer.cfg.txt or BeServer.txt.cfg

i belive it is a common mistake some people do. unhide known extensions in your windoes if you have not already done so. checked.

you could try to remove the

-BePath parameter

so -profiles=C:\_SERVER\[...]\(gamefolder)" will create a BattlEye Dir in that directory.

like: C:\_SERVER\[...]\(gamefolder)\BattlEye

now drop your BEServer.cfg in there and restart the Arma server.

if all set correct. Try to login with the offical BERcon.exe. if that works you can go around messing with the other tools.

if it all still failes.

Time to read this page already read about 10 times now.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Fun thing is: I have set the parameter to -bepath=C:\_SERVER\BattlEye\ and left it (the folder) empty. It automatically creates the folder when I start the server up and creates the BEServer.dll, but no BEServer.cfg - if I put it in there and fire up the server, it changes to "BEServer_active_50f6.cfg (the hexadecimal number at the end changes every time I shut down and start the server up again), so something seems to work there, but I still can't connect.

Additional note: I start the server using TADST, but even with manual parameter setup it does the same thing.

Question on BEC: when I start it, it displays "Missing the -f switch. Need a configfile for startup." - does that concern the BEServer.cfg or something else? The BEC config is set up according to the instructions given in the "how to".

if you see that the BEServer.cfg changes names as you do. it means BE is using the file. Now you should Doublecheck this file.

open it up and see if the 1st line contains this. RConPassword Secrect. if it does. it means youre good to go.

About the Bec message missing the -f switch. it meens that you need to use -f file.cfg Like : Bec.exe -f BecConfig.cfg and its not related to Battleye.

Edited by nuxil

if you see that the BEServer.cfg changes names as you do. it means BE is using the file. Now you should Doublecheck this file.

open it up and see if the 1st line contains this. RConPassword Secrect. if it does. it means youre good to go.

About the Bec message missing the -f switch. it meens that you need to use -f file.cfg Like : Bec.exe -f BecConfig.cfg and its not related to Battleye.

I don't know how suddenly, but it all works fine now. Thanks for the hint on -f, I'm reading and editing my way into the full capabilites of BEC now, it's really a great tool!