Sign in to follow this  
kdk11

Recruiting coder and modder for modding project

Hello I would like to recruit the help of experienced modders. I need someone who is very good with code and also people who are very good a modelling and lastly I need someone who is good with creating unit movements. If you have experience in any of these then please contact me. Steam would be best although I check the forum often. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:57 ----------

Maybe I have posted this in the wrong section. Apologies if I have.

Thread moved :)

KDK11, it would also be wise to supply people with more information to what they're getting into and what you actually have planned so far.

Ok thank you for moving this thread too I realised once I created the thread that I had it in the wrong place. I have both sections bookmarked and I clicked the wrong one when adding this thread. Apologies again.

Ok what I am doing/trying to do is create a Navy search and rescue squad to the game. What I need is this... I need someone who is good with the unit movement side of things to be able to create this

ACMO_02.jpg

I want the man who is in control of the winch not the actual man on the winch. I would need him to move from a sitting position inside of the heli to that position once the heli is hovering and the side door is opened.

I would also like someone with experience in modelling to create a hardtop roof for the offroad. Like so.

13252_222582014556615_128589739_n.jpg

I would like to be able to do this with two units. The rescue diver to be able to come behind the casualty, grab him and swim with him like below.

eaba5fe2bb9c4120ad7b8eb1adeb669e-0x0.jpg

And finally if someone with modelling experience could create this too

499--500x500.jpg

There will be more work to follow but if I can get this done first it would be great :)

Few pics below of what I have done so far.

http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/11and11/slideshow/Arma%203

Still working on some textures but they are almost complete. If anyone has experience with photoshop and can help me add "dirt" and "oil" textures to these helis that would be great too.

Edited by KDK11

Just a suggestion if the person on the winch isnt controlling it how would a player on the winch ascend/descend in single player?

That can all be figured out later. One step at a time.

Do you like this?

It's what i could replicate from your photo in some free time i had :)

Of course it's not finished yet.

* obsolete image removed *

Edited by GiorgyGR

Wow you done that in your spair time? Thats really impressive! you have me excited about it now lol

Edited by KDK11

Latest version

Rescue_equipmentWIP2_zpsccacc597.jpg

If more detail must be added to 'ropes' let me know ;)

That is unreal mate. Is it big enough for a unit to sit in it? (when I figure out how to do so) I do need to somehow get a winch working with this on the end that the side winchmen can control, or AI. But I think getting all the material together first is priority because then hopefully more talented people like yourself can become involved and help with the mechanical side of the project.

I'm not very skilled with your modelling/texturing/anims, but if you want assistance with research, testing, or QA I'd be happy to help there. Rather well affiliated with the RAF, which I assume you're going by due to the nature of those SAR birds ;)

Sure mate any help/input is welcome. Am sure you will know more about the SeaKing so looking at what I have done with them so far...Is there anything I have done wrong or that needs to be added?

That is unreal mate. Is it big enough for a unit to sit in it? (when I figure out how to do so) I do need to somehow get a winch working with this on the end that the side winchmen can control, or AI. But I think getting all the material together first is priority because then hopefully more talented people like yourself can become involved and help with the mechanical side of the project.

Well..the dimensions are 2.5x1.5m (i assumed randomly the numbers tho)

As i said this model it's what i could replicate 'visually' from your picture (added some missing detail on some spots not viable on photo)

Anyways..if the model fits your needs and you need this model you can PM me.

I made it mostly for fun :)

*added later*

As long i can remember it was possible (forever) with the attachTo command to strap things on your chopper.

Even in ArmA3 on some MP missions i saw this 'simple' towing approach so..it will be really easy to use this

ability "from the box"

Of course my hopes are to see PhysX implemented on similar things in ArmA3

Edited by GiorgyGR

Without using another model (CH-49 Mohawk there? :P) I'd suggest the only thing one could potentially do is shift the text to the right a bit on the textures. Also might want to be a bit more plain, IIRC that font looks a tad weird and I was under the impression that RAF SK's have a more sans approach. (No curly flicks etc, just pure letters)

There's meant to be basically another "RAF RESCUE" text but I could totally understand being unable to/reluctant to add it in, should be below the cockpit on the same side as the 2nd photo in your gallery, but a CH-49 is rather squashed for space there.

Other than that m8, can't really fault texturing work. Naturally if we had a genuine SK model that'd be ace and we could be a tad more picky, but I am 100% liking this all the way.

Good stuff & keep up the good work!

Regards,

Harry

Without using another model (CH-49 Mohawk there? :P) I'd suggest the only thing one could potentially do is shift the text to the right a bit on the textures. Also might want to be a bit more plain, IIRC that font looks a tad weird and I was under the impression that RAF SK's have a more sans approach. (No curly flicks etc, just pure letters)

There's meant to be basically another "RAF RESCUE" text but I could totally understand being unable to/reluctant to add it in, should be below the cockpit on the same side as the 2nd photo in your gallery, but a CH-49 is rather squashed for space there.

Other than that m8, can't really fault texturing work. Naturally if we had a genuine SK model that'd be ace and we could be a tad more picky, but I am 100% liking this all the way.

Good stuff & keep up the good work!

Regards,

Harry

Yeah mate al look into changing the font then. I couldnt fit the other "RAF RESCUE" in as not only is it tight for space, when you place text there it automatically is put on the opposite side and appears written back to front. Regarding moving the writing to the right? which writing do you mean? Hey ad love an actual Sea King model in game (hint hint to all you pro's at modelling lol) But for now we are suck with the Mohawk. Thank you for your kind words, and I look forward to more of your input! also feel free to add me on steam if you would like to discuss other idea's regarding this. Thanks again

Oh sorry, I meant the main text on the port side should be moved rearward a bit, but again that's more on the actual model where it's elongated a bit whereas the mohawk's stubbier, so once more there may be not enough space.

Have added you on steam.

Nobody interested in helping me make this mod come true?

Edited by KDK11

I am doing some things slowly as i dont have much knowledge on the whole modding side of things. But what I do know is, this would add a different dimention to the game. I will even retexture helis to create the US coast guard or anyother coast guard if it means getting you pro's aboard. Few things I am currently working on below

456D3FD493F86B4B3A1D341823EB63709A972E62

69F8E2D88066D7AE6E1800E275FE6E235AB0EE94

Any one interested in this?

I'm a US Coast Guard pilot but don't know much about coding. I can help with any questions though :)

I could offer to add some dirt and wear to the heli's textures so it doesn't look that sterile anymore. PM me!