Sign in to follow this  
GOLDY

FPS Issues

YO!

I new to ARMA 3 BETA as i was a fan of Arma 2 and DayZ, so me and my Friend thought we would go the next step and Buy Arma 3 Beta.

On Arma 2/Dayz we had our Setting on 'Very Low' which ive noticed isnt a available option on Arma 3, This gave us around 23FPS in game online, But on Arma 3 i have everything on 'Low' or 'Disabled' and even one option is on '50%' and i get around 15FPS.

But Sometimes i get really bad lag and my friend has experienced this aswell which drops our FPS to around 5, which is unplayable at times. we both have a standard computer, 500GB memory, 4GB Ram, 23inch 1080p Screen and a standard, But the above the minimal requirement Graphics and his very similar.

You See, Even on Low, The graphics are miles better on Arma 3 than Arma 2 but some graphics for players such as myself arnt bothered to much about graphics, im more interested in the game play, If its smooth? Quick and fun to play then im happy.

So Bohemia, any chance you can add the 'Very Low' To the Graphics options please? even if the option drops back to Arma 2 Graphic, im ok with that because then i can play better and enjoy it a lot more.

And i guarantee many players would like this option, even with the downfall of seeing people hidden in bushes in the distance due to the bush not loading, its will allow fans with low budget pc's to player equal to the rest of your fan base.

Well, If you have taken your time to read this, Thank you and i hope Bohemia will listen and include the 'Very Low' detail Option Again.

GOLDY

Edited by GOLDY

Can you give me exact specs for your computer? What CPU do you have, and what graphics card?

YO? I think you are in the wrong forum.

Anyway, welcome to the forums. You have not taken time to read the forum rules nor had time to look at where to post things. There is a troubleshooting thread where people will post solutions for you.

"Very low" is just the name of the preset... you can't compare arma 3 presets directly to arma 2 presets as the required specs are higher. I'd suggest you stop using presets altogether and just manually turn down everything to the lowest setting. If that doesn't give you playable FPS i guess it's bad luck and time to upgrade your system. 23FPS in Arma 2 when playing online indicates that your system must be very old and probably not suited very well for gaming at all.

The Arma 3 engine is just more demanding and BIS can't change anything about it. If you turn down everything to lowest the terrain and models will still have more polygons than the ones in arma 2.