Sign in to follow this  
harkkam08

Trouble getting ai to listen to commands under fire

Hey guys, I did a test where i loaded just these mods using six updater to make sure that ASR was not the issue

1. ACE

2. ACEX

3. ACEX_RU

4. CBA

5. CBA_A2

6 CBA_OA

7. JSRS

And i set up a simple scenario with one opfor and one blue force, the opfor was on airfield tarmac in takistan and i the blue force was on a mountain side above.

The problem I am having is getting my AI units to listen when they come under fire, they hit the dirt and they dont get up and move at all. For example if I want them to take a position 50m to my right near a house, I give them that command and they dont move at all and just lay there shooting at the guys, while taking incoming fire.

The same problem happens with ASR turned on in addition to the mods listed above.

Now the only way I have gotten my AI to listen under fire is using Zeus, and I know its old and the ai does some funky stuff when I load zeus, but I need to find a way to get my AI to move under fire

What could be happening?

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Sorry can the mods please move this into ASR thread, I thought I was replying in that forum. I dont know how it got here.

Put them in <Formation>/<Delta> or <Formation>/<Compact column>. This solves a lot of the movement issues when in "Danger" mode.

Also try ordering them to hold fire as well as formation Delta or File.

I heard AI commanders order their grunts to do that & noticed that it seemed to get them moving. Doesn't always work if there is a big bunch of enemies firing at them. Sometimes it helps to have your squad in at least 2 teams - order one team to hold fire & move while the other provides covering fire / overwatch; when they reach cover or whatever tell them to open fire while the second team gets hold fire/move orders (which, when it works, is quite realistic & immersive).

A point to remember is that all teams will obey a formation order - sadly you cannot have one team in file, say, and the other in wedge - so do pick which you choose rather carefully to avoid incurring friendly fire losses.

Thanks guys those suggestions have seemed to give me a bit more control.