Sign in to follow this  
Daswan

.paa's for Arma 3 M240 Mod

I'm making an M240 mod for Arma 3. I already have a config.cpp written to about 95% now. I also have a model of the weapon in .3ds format. The issue I am running into is that the model will not display in game. I am able to select my weapon from the VAS weapon box and equip it, but the weapon is not visible in 3d form. I tried converting the .3ds to a .p3d and that did not work either. I got an error message saying the file had too many vertices. Is there any way to get past it having too many vertices to make it work?

Another issue I am having is I am unable to get the textures from the .3ds to transfer via O2 to the .p3d format. They do not show up in the Textures folder in my P:\... any help?

can you maybe show your model so we can see how many vertices it has? or tell us how many it has. The limit is afaik 27.000 verts in one lod before the model dosn't show in bulldozer if it dosn't show up in bulldozer it won't show up in the game

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to open it up in O2 and then view it in Bulldozer and it says there are too many vertices. Is there any way to reduce the number of vertices in the model?

Also, not sure if this applies or not but the original model was made in 3dMax and imported to work with O2...

the fact that you imported it to o2 from 3ds max dosn't matter.

If it is a highpoly model it never was made for game use at least not for arma did you make it? also it would help to see a picture of the model at least in wireframe or something to determin what you need to do to make it work

I didn't make it because I suck at drawing anything period. The .p3d can be downloaded here.

Okay i can see that, model is a highpoly version you need to tak of all the fine details they won't matter as long as you have some good textures

if that isn't an option reduce the amount of lines and points you can do that with various tools i use pro optimizer in 3ds max

Awesome, thanks so much. I got the polygon count low enough for it to appear in bulldozer without it distorting the model. I appreciate your help. Now to find some really good textures to throw on it.

Your Welcome :) and Welcome to the forums btw ;)