Sign in to follow this  
zeotrope

Vehicle Interior Re-Skins

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have found (eg: Marshall APC) all of the PAA files that make up the textures for tracked and wheeled vehicles. Within these files I have also found the vehicle interiors. (Rear Troop Carrier Compartments) ....But I have no idea how to apply them to the vehicle in the usual way. Can anybody shed some light on how to apply a custom interior to a MARSHALL? I have had great success with the exteriors....but that's about it.

Also....The PANTHER....can't seem to re-skin the exterior of this....let alone the inside....anyone know?

Zeotrope

PS: I searched this forum and while there were several related topics, not really this specific query. If I am incorrect, please advise.

I'm guessing the usual method is from hidden selections? If there's no hidden selection for the interior then you'll probably need to ask BIS for permission to change the texture paths in the model, which will mean you'd have to redistribute the model which is why you'd need permission.

HiddenSelections for the Panther and Marshall.

hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1","camo2","camo3"}; // Exterior hull; Mainly the wheels; Turret

Thanks guys....

Surpher: As i'm currently at work I can't test. But for me to test any texture, I find the template, re-texture it and take it into the editor. Then I select and place the object to be textured into the map. I assign the setobjexture texture (0, "") etc in the init (units) field .....and Preview. The texture gets applied to the object.

Once I am happy with the re-skin I pack it all into a PBO and all is well.

So far, I've had luck with the carryall, the littlebird, the hunter, ghosthawk and a few others. However. Some models (panther inc) do not seem to re-skinned. I'm unsure why, but have tried many times and the same models remain un-skinned.

I use hidden selections the way you have shown. I have tried this on the marshall and it works....but it's limited (ie: no texture is applied to the interior, but the outside gets it's correct custom textures) .....as for the Panther, not even the outside gets re-textured.

Zeo

Ok....so I tried again with better results (I managed to get a 2 textures on the vehicle exterior (Panther)...but not the interior.

Code:

class WeaponFireGun;

class WeaponCloudsGun;

class WeaponFireMGun;

class WeaponCloudsMGun;

class CfgVehicles

{

class B_APC_Tracked_01_rcws_F;

class Panther_tacops_D : B_APC_Tracked_01_rcws_F

{

displayName = "Panther (tacops camo)";

hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1","camo2","camo3"};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"tacops_panther\Tank\Data\panther1.paa", "tacops_panther\Tank\Data\panther2.paa", "tacops_panther\Tank\Data\panther3.paa"};

};

};

So then I realised that the Panther has 4 textures (3 for external and 1 internal)....I made the adjustments (hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1","camo2","camo3","camo4"}; but still no luck. Is the word "Camo" a place holder for something I should add?

Any ideas why the interior does not get a custom texture? Note: All textures sizes match the 4 originals. There are no errors at load time. Very puzzled.

Edited by Zeotrope
Additional Info

Ok....so I tried again with better results (I managed to get a 2 textures on the vehicle exterior (Panther)...but not the interior.

Code:

class WeaponFireGun;

class WeaponCloudsGun;

class WeaponFireMGun;

class WeaponCloudsMGun;

class CfgVehicles

{

class Panther_tacops_D : B_APC_Tracked_01_rcws_F

{

displayName = "Panther (tacops camo)";

hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1","camo2","camo3"};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"tacops_panther\Tank\Data\panther1.paa", "tacops_panther\Tank\Data\panther2.paa", "tacops_panther\Tank\Data\panther3.paa"};

};

};

So then I realised that the Panther has 4 textures (3 for external and 1 internal)....I made the adjustments (hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1","camo2","camo3","camo4"}; but still no luck. Is the word "Camo" a place holder for something I should add?

Any ideas why the interior does not get a custom texture? Note: All textures sizes match the 4 originals. There are no errors at load time. Very puzzled.

Camo1, 2, 3 etc are selection names within the model itself, that tells the game what part of the vehicle can be remapped via hidden selections. If the interior part of the vehicle has not been assigned a selection name via the model, then there's nothing you can do.

Camo1, 2, 3 etc are selection names within the model itself, that tells the game what part of the vehicle can be remapped via hidden selections. If the interior part of the vehicle has not been assigned a selection name via the model, then there's nothing you can do.

Well thanks for the reply.

Has anybody re-textured an interior? Any interior?

Camo4 is the the yellow parts, not the interior.

http://i.imgur.com/8xzcg2B.jpg

Nice work there surpher....and yeah I now have a better understanding of how Camo1,2,3 etc are used. But still no answer to my original question. Let me make it simple: Can interiors be re-textured. If so how?

If the interior part of the vehicle has not been assigned a selection name via the model, then there's nothing you can do.

I thought that was pretty simply put myself.

If Bohemia hasn't assigned a hidden selection definition to the interior parts of the vehicle, there's pretty much nothing you can do, short of replacing the original texture in the wheeled.pbo - that's not recommended though as it's going to be altering the original files. If there are vehicles with the interior selection defined, then I guess it's down to some leg work going through all the vehicles and finding out which ones do. Doing something along the lines of surpher and just applying a procedural texture across 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 etc might be easiest.

Camo4 is the the yellow parts, not the interior.

http://i.imgur.com/8xzcg2B.jpg

Surpher. That yellow selection, while I wasn't expecting this....they are interesting attachments. Are you able / willing to share how you got this in game? (Code?) ....or did you add a self-made model to the vehicle? or is this hidden in the code?

Zeo

how you got this in game? (Code?)

From this post.

class CfgPatches {

class crvtest {units[] = {"crvtest"};};
};

class CfgVehicles {
   class crvtest : B_APC_Tracked_01_rcws_F {
       displayName = "crv Test";
       model = "\A3\armor_f_beta\APC_Tracked_01\APC_Tracked_01_cr v_F";
   };