Sign in to follow this  
nate6631

Arma 3 Multiplayer: No Playable Units

After I did some debugging on the mission, I have came to conclude that my mission.sqf is the culprit behind not being able to select a playable unit in multiplayer. Now, the mission.sqf is crucial to my mission because it contains all the units and structures i edited into the map using the 3D editor in ArmA 3. The funny thing is, this was working for me 2 or 3 days ago. I also noticed that when I had tried to edit the mission using the multiplayer editor, it said something like "empty static object not linked properly" or something along those lines... I can't really remember. btw, my mission.sqf has over 2k models in it.

Could someone help me with getting this to work right?

Edited by nate6631
Restructuring Topic

1) open in editor,

2) save

3) run the mission

In that order

that should clear it

if you then get classname issues brought about by a PATCH you then need to edit the mission.sqm with notepad renaming erroneous classnames

Honestly, I already tried. I even tried opening it up in the 3D editor, editing a few objects, saving it and then editing the file to work with it. Also, it isn't the sqm, i removed the sqf i was running, and the sqm(mission) worked fine.

Fixed it, all I really did was remove a few objects, downloaded one of the many arma 2 converters and converted it to an sqm and I merged my two missions and it's much better. I guess it helps to get it out on the screen than to keep it all in your head.