Sign in to follow this  
GReeves

Parachute Problems (ouch)

I recently finished a mission in which the players are placed next to a C130 about 1000 meters in the sky using "this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 1000]" in their Init lines. Of course that works just fine. This is the problem:

To make things realistic, I have five nearby triggers (one for each player) that checks if each player has the "ACE_ParachutePack". If so, it triggers the HALO jump script for them ([player1, 1000] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_init.sqs"). So if player 1 has a parachute pack he can use it, but if he doesn't, the HALO jump script isn't activated for him and he falls to a gruesome death. That works great too. At least in single-player.

When I test it in multiplayer with me hosting with three other players, none of us seemed to have the HALO jump activated for us even though we had parachute packs. We all died. Next, we tried it again and everyone but me could pull their parachute. Finally I gave up and just used 'MoveinCargo' for each of us to place us in empty Steerable Parachutes. Everyone but me, the host, could steer them to the drop point we decided on. I just drifted straight down from my starting position and landed in the water.

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

could we see "HALO_init.sqs"? and i would prefer SQF.

HOLO_init.sqs is a part of arma2, you would have to unpack the game to see. I have noticed some inconsistencies with ace and holo, and never understood why or got to bottom of it. And not just my missions.

your using the normal halo with ACE and they don't mix, you need to use the ACE HALO.

this is directly from the ACE wiki

Mission Editors

This information is currently a work in progress
•
Force a unit to eject, perhaps for a cutscene:

[_vehicle, _unit] execVM "\x\ace\addons\sys_eject\eject.sqf";
•
Force a unit to use the Jump Out action - useful for starting a paradrop, for instance:

[_vehicle, _unit] execVM "\x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout.sqf";
•
Give the unit a parachute, move them up 800 meters, and start the skydive script with "Open Chute" action-menu option:

_unit addweapon "ACE_ParachutePack" or "ACE_ParachuteRoundPack";
_unit setPos [(position _unit select 0), (position _unit select 1), 800];
_unit execVM "\x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf"; 
•Move a unit into a steerable parachute which has been placed in the editor - no further scripting needed

Using BIS HALO functions combined with ACE can lead to unexpected results!

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Features

Thank you Nimrod. I would have never figured that out :)

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:22 ----------

So I guess I need to put this in a script file in my mission folder rather than use it in the unit's Init line?

How would I go about adding a HALO drop with this method?

" _unit addweapon "ACE_ParachutePack" or "ACE_ParachuteRoundPack"; _unit setPos [(position _unit select 0), (position _unit select 1), 800]; _unit execVM "\x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf";"

I tried replacing _unit with _p1, the name of the player, but it didn't work. I'm putting this in my init script file.