Sign in to follow this  
hajimoto

Supply Drop + VAS or Custom Box

Looking to see if anyone has successfully added a script to the Supply Drop Box? I am looking to attach VAS script to the box that is being dropped or select/direct which box the supply drop module calls.

What I am trying to do is eliminate the need to script box contents for the drop box and be able to call a script that already has box contents listed.

I have tried inserting the typical "this addAction["<t color=#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf];", into the Crate Init area and it was was a fail. I have pasted a complete list and the items show up in the box but shortly thereafter the box reverts back to the default contents.

Thank you in advance for any responses!

Edited by Hajimoto
To make the question more to the point.

No one? No one sees any value in being able to point the supply drop ammo box to a predifined script? Or is this a case of "That can't be done!"

Read the tooltip for that field, the crate is _this not this.

[color="#FF0000"]_[/color]this addAction["<t color='#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf"];

Ok so you're trying to add VAS to a spawned object right? I'm no expert but have done it with the DAC script which spawns camps with ammo boxes.. the boxes have VAS applied to them... hopefully this helps here is the line in question:

["_x addAction[""<t color='#1f25ea'>Virtual Ammobox</t>"", ""VAS\open.sqf""]"]

edit: ^ or do what he says :p

Read the tooltip for that field, the crate is _this not this.

[color="#FF0000"]_[/color]this addAction["<t color='#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf"];

You are absolutely right :o

Thanks for the gentle nudge

Greetings.

Thanks for pointing this combination out.

I've been using VAS and supply drop module successfully when not combined in multiplayer.

In multiplayer, a VAS initiated supply drop crate is spawned for each active player.

Can anyone confirm/reproduce this? What have I misplaced? Maybe it is not enough to sync the module only with the main 'player'?

I can confirm that the amount of boxes that are dropped is never consistent in an MP game / Dedicated server. It appears to be a bug that BI is aware of and the issue is captured in the report 0015228.

For now, it seems, we wait.