Sign in to follow this  
guitarxe

Government mission - Help the coast guard.... which boat?

I'm trying to do a contract mission from Paul Kelly where I need to help the coast guard find a boat? When I start the mission there's a lady over the internet that informs me that the suspect boat is white and heading northward fast. Of course, when I start the mission I'm 30km away from the "search area". By the time I get there I can't see any white boat going anywhere fast. Does it just move around in this marked searched area? Or has it probably already gone further out?

I found a couple of small white speedboats that looked like they could be the ones, but when I hover over them nothing happens so they are probably not it.

I'm also unable to find anyone doing this mission on youtube or any info about anywhere on the internet and I'm completely stuck just flying around here, I have hovered over ALL the boats within the search area and none of them seem to be the correct one. I'm stuck =/

To start with, when you start the mission the person on the radio also informs you of the direction of the boat, if I recall correctly. So you will have a good idea of where the vessel is heading and where you should search.

Now as you can see on the map some of the boats that are located in the search area are coast guard vessels that are supposed to be helping you. They are supposed to block the "hostile" vessel. As for how you will be able to find the correct boat there is one simple fact. Once you come close to the right one well I can not say what will happen exactly since it would be a spoiler but something will. You will not be able not to recognize it.

Also this particular boat is going to move at a higher speed than the other.

Furthermore it has never occurred to me that a vessel escapes from the search area. It is always there. Fly fast and low and you should be alright.

Best of Luck!:)

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast