Sign in to follow this  
tpw

How to modify Sign_Sphere100cm_F

Hi all.

I've had a (probably foolish) idea to try a different approach to the bullet-centric AI suppression that fabrizio_t and ollem masterfully implemented for TPWCAS.

Basically I want to create an invisible 20m diameter sphere which registers bullet hits. Add a hitpart evenhandler to it. Attach a sphere to each AI: there is the basis for detecting it bullets have passed within 10m of an AI.

Ideally I'd like to do it using existing assets, and I've got as far as the invisible sphere...

Sign_Sphere100cm_F is a nice translucent red sphere that I can easily make transparent/invisible using setObjectTexture. It does have 2 drawbacks: it's 20x too small; and it doesn't react to bullets. I imagine canBeShot = 1 can be added into its config somehow to make it register bullet hits. But I've no idea how to resize it, or if that is even possible.

So on to my questions / requests...

1 - Is there a way to resize the existing Sign_Sphere100cm_F?

2 - If not, would someone be prepared to have a go at making a 20m invisible sphere that reacts to bullets for me?

Many thanks in advance for any help. I have almost zero experience wrangling configs and need all the help I can get with this!

• Like 1