Sign in to follow this  
HatchetJesus

settings have no effect on fps

When playing a multiplayer mission my fps sticks on 20-23 fps. I can change the settings from ultra to low and won't see any increase nor decrease in fps... Is there some fix to this problem?

It's definitely not a graphics issue (if it is, then something is very broken). I changed all my settings to low and even set my resolution to 640x480 and there was no fps gain or loss.

Probably CPU related. Also servers that have been up for a while tend to have really bad performance. A restart usually fixes it.

In multiplayer the only way to increase the visibility is in the player menu when you use the mouse wheel,and yes it doesnt matter if you play on low or on ultra.

The FPS are still the same,the most thing that counts on FPS drops is the visibility overall and object.

The higher you raise the visibility overall and objects the lower your FPS will get,but the other things like terrain,shadows etc have no effect on the FPS.

MP performance is broken. Find another server, wait for restart or wait for BIS to optimize their game...

MP missions created using poorly optimised scripts(constant use of loops etc) will cause the server fps to plummet, in turn making your client fps plummet. Currently the only way around this is to play a mission that doesn't use inefficient scripts. Until a point in time that server and client fps is untethered.