Sign in to follow this  
Overfiend

Trying to combine Deadly Islands and Nemesis

Hello Commanders, I just got aboard with the steam sale and I saw there are some good mods here. I am no coder but have done some modding and thought I could find a way to combine Deadly Islands and Nemesis. Looks like it's not going to be as easy as I hoped. I went through the two mods very carefully in notepad and tried to combine what I thought was the salient information. I renamed it mycombomod and appended the shortcut with -mod mycombomod, but I didn't see it show up in-game and I wasn't sure what the overall effect was. The islands were indeed deadly and the enemy carrier did try to bail so I think I'm on the right track but it's not working as intended. I still got messages about island strength I wasn't supposed to, was one thing I noticed. Anybody interested in helping me combine these? Here's the link to my wip: http://www.filefactory.com/file/352b14v4gqjt/n/deadlynemesis_7z

Deadly Islands and Nemesis modify the same data settings with divergent values. The mod mixer detects conflicts mainly regarding what happens with torpedoes and how they affect the hit carrier, as both mods have chosen differently how to deal with that. You would need to decide which one you want.

Deadly Islands and Nemesis modify the same data settings with divergent values. The mod mixer detects conflicts mainly regarding what happens with torpedoes and how they affect the hit carrier, as both mods have chosen differently how to deal with that. You would need to decide which one you want.

Someone already did it with older versions. Try to see what they did for a reference:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145662-Combo-Mod-v-1-0-Deadly-Islands-V1-02-Nemisis-Mod-V2-1