Sign in to follow this  
Miysis

Is it possible to work on a mission with multiple players?

Hello,

me and a friend liked to play coop sniper missions and now we wanna try to make our own mission. But the first question from us... can we work on the same mission at the same time? I would like something like the 3D Editor where we both can join to work together... maybe one is build a enemy camp and the other makes some minefield or another enemy camp.

I think you guess what I mean. So is this possible?

Greetings

Miysis

Hi,

Sorry but i don't think so, there is an addon for ArmA 2 that lets players in-game swap "editing controls" over to one another, but it doesn't allow two to do it at the same time. Maybe when ArmA 3 comes out someone may make something similar but having a mission being written from two sources at once with edits being seamless and without creating bugs or glitches would be rather..difficult to say the least i'm afraid.

You can each build whatever you wanted on your own, then send the file to the main mission maker and use the Merge feature to combine the two into one map.

Try the Virtual Training Space or the mission control Centre sandbox. Sorry no links but both have option to create a multi player mission with multiple people in the same game. There might be script versions on the MCC as it used to have on for Arma 2