Sign in to follow this  
powerpuffters

Rust: Escaping, Surviving and Becoming the Hunter

In rust you need to survive by eating and keeping warm by harvesting wood and building yourself a house to live in.

It feels like a cross between minecraft and dayz. Unfortunately it is still in closed alpha- and keys are near impossible to obtain.

This game is absolutely amazing and I believe it will be as popular as minecraft or dayz- especially since it is all player driven and the most dangerous aspect of the game is surviving other players.

have a look at the folllowing video "Escaping, Surviving and Becoming the Hunter"

The graphics and the environment are really unimpressive...

The graphics and the environment are really unimpressive...

oh boy.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the graphics whore.

The graphics whore is a fairly common breed of gamer who cannot play a game if it doesn't have the latest in graphics technology. This limitation usually prevents them from playing actually good games.

The game is played in the webbrowser, right?

oh boy.

The graphics whore is a fairly common breed of gamer who cannot play a game if it doesn't have the latest in graphics technology. This limitation usually prevents them from playing actually good games.

Not really, graphics are a major part of immersion and if the graphics don't pull you in, then it can typically break immersion for some people.

That doesn't make them graphics whores - In a game such as the one we are discussing here, immersion is important, and I can understand where Tonci is coming from.

He didn't say the game was bad, he said the graphics/environment were unimpressive, which is subjective, but by today's standards, it's definitely at the lower end of the scale graphically.

That by no means makes it a bad game - Hell, I'm playing Baldur's Gate right now.

PC gaming is in a shambolic state at present, so I am more and more willing to overlook flashy visuals in favor of actually enjoying a game as opposed to feeling ripped off by the many con job developers/publishers out there.

I constantly find myself replaying old titles these days.

This does look interesting so I'll keep an eye on it.

Edited by BangTail

oh boy.

And that to the guy who is currently playing the old Starcraft :j:

But seriously, look at those trees and how they are placed, it just looks very bad and doesn´t even make sense.