Sign in to follow this  
cybrid

Bbq: propane vs. charcoal

So whats better for cooking? I prefer propane to charcoal anyday. You get all the people who say the charcoal gives it some special flavor, and that you can taste gas in the meat if you cook it otherwise. What a pile of crap, theres nothing in charcoal that would give it a better taste.

And I have one question: besides higher temperture, earlier temperature arrival, tempreature control, even heat, clean combustion, not having to buy costly bags of coal all the time, not having to fill the BBQ with charcoal with each use, and the rewarding satisfaction that you are cooking gods way, with a fuel that can solve all of our energy problems; What are other advantages of cooking with propane instead of charcoal? I'm running out of ammo when it comes to the BBQ discussions.

And mods, this is not a joke nor a lame topic, and I would be chrushed if this topic was closed in its early ages.

With charcoal you get heat without the flames actually touching/burning the food if its done properly. In my experience I've always prefered charcoal and have both a charcoal pit and a gas grill.

Gas is nice for when you don't have much time or your just cooking one thing. If its something with more preperation I like to use charcoal.

On a propane grill the flames don't actually touch the food, they are way down in the bottom, and if you are consistantly burning the food you probably have to turn the temperature down, alot

While charcol may taste better it takes longer to get started than propaine does. But overall i think i prefer charcol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ Aug. 02 2002,02:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So whats better for cooking? I prefer propane to charcoal anyday. You get all the people who say the charcoal gives it some special flavor, and that you can taste gas in the meat if you cook it otherwise. What a pile of crap, theres nothing in charcoal that would give it a better taste.<span id='postcolor'>

HERETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you think propane makes for better flavor than charcoal, than you cant cook worth a damn. I have widespread experience with all forms of grilling, barbecue, you name it, and I can tell you with all certainty, that when a cook grills something with propane, and then grills with charcoal, the charcoal grilled food will taste better EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I personally cook on charcol. Unless I'm camping. I'll use propane then. It seems more portable. I mean the little ovens, not the big gas grills tounge.gif

Lame thread -> Bye, Bye thread smile.gif