Sign in to follow this  
mordeaniischaos

AddAction on opfor unit not accessible by blufor player?

Just curious, is it not possible to have a working AddAction on an opfor unit that is usable by a blufor player? I'm doing a disguise script so the opfor unit will not fire on the blufor players, but I want the blufor players to be able to go up to him and trigger him to give a ride to a nearby location, but the action only shows up when the unit has been killed. Is this just a limitation of the game? I just did a basic addaction to a hint, and even tried an empty addaction, but it doesn't show up unless the unit is dead.

This should work.

this addaction ["interact",{hint "Give me a ride"},0,0,true,true,"","(side _this == blufor) and (side _target == east)"];

This should work.

this addaction ["interact",{hint "Give me a ride"},0,0,true,true,"","(side _this == blufor) and (side _target == east)"];

tunning :)

this addaction ["interact",{hint "Give me a ride"},nil,0,true,true,"","side _this != side _target"];

Thanks guys! I'll give that a try :)

---------- Post added at 00:06 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

Hrm, neither of them work at all, I don't even get an addaction when I kill the guy. I may have to just dress up an independent as an opfor, make indies friendly to all, and just deal with that.

Where are you placing the actions if you use this it should go in the AI units init but if it's in a trigger/script you need to use the AI units name instead of this

loony's way should work dead or alive, mine may not work as I used blufor it should of been west although I thought I had tried it.

It's in the init. I copy and pasted exactly what you guys gave just to see if anything would show up, and nothin' worked... Except of course when he's dead with Loony's. Unless someone else can get it work I'm thinking this might be an issue with the game, as it works on units that aren't considered enemies.

have you used setcaptive true if so you will be a civilian

so it would be

this addaction ["interact",{hint "Give me a ride"},0,0,true,true,"","side _this == civilian and side _target == east"];

However loony's should already cope with that, how are your sides set up because the only way loony's won't work is if your on the same side.

hmm hmm

...when u die... u change side... to civ till another respawn...

do u really try that from unit from different side ?

try this condition..

"side (group _this) != side (group _target)"