Sign in to follow this  
SSGKalle

Request: Better Civilian Behaviour

I have for a long time wished for the civilians ingame to behave in a more realistic way. I think they would make a much more intresting part of the game if they behaved "smarter". VBS have solved this by giving the civilians routines based on the time of the day and certain "hotzones" like markets and other peoples houses. In the night civilians are most likely to be inside, maybe even sleeping? Maybe crowds (somtimes angry), maybe fugatives that walk beside the road?

Also if they could move around and "talking" and using anims would make them look more "real". My hope is that this would be able to be as the civilian module so these units despawn when the player/s are outside the area.

Is this possible? I have yet seen few mods that goes in this direction. I think the civilians is a really important part of a military simulator so would greatly appreciate any input on this idea for a mod/script!

I have for a long time wished for the civilians ingame to behave in a more realistic way. I think they would make a much more intresting part of the game if they behaved "smarter". VBS have solved this by giving the civilians routines based on the time of the day and certain "hotzones" like markets and other peoples houses. In the night civilians are most likely to be inside, maybe even sleeping? Maybe crowds (somtimes angry), maybe fugatives that walk beside the road?

Also if they could move around and "talking" and using anims would make them look more "real". My hope is that this would be able to be as the civilian module so these units despawn when the player/s are outside the area.

Is this possible? I have yet seen few mods that goes in this direction. I think the civilians is a really important part of a military simulator so would greatly appreciate any input on this idea for a mod/script!

You would like this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152314-Civilian-Behavior-Controller-script