Sign in to follow this  
Sparky2002

Flashpoint "planet of war" commercial add on

In case you've no idea what I'm talking about:

http://www.planetofwar.com/

It seems to be a RTS add on for OFP, where you get to build a base and go on missions to find and destroy the opposing team. This sounds very cool indeed, I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned it as according to the site it's been released for almost two months.

However, the screenshots show German text, does anyone know if it can be played in English too? Also, does anyone know where I might get it? The Amazon link they give says it's out of stock. Lastly, if anyone's tried it, is it any good?

Thanks.

You can get a free RTS addon from the multiplayer forum. And it doesn't have the crap the POW has. Now I really can't say anything bad about it having never played it, and now having to the money to waste on it without proper review/testing, from what they have in their info, the RTS you can get from here is just as good without Meteors.

Thanks! I've just found it and it looks very nice. Do you know if it works as a single player game at all, with AI playing the other team?

As of the moment, I don't think it does. But I"m sure either Krillion or somebody else has asked him if they could do a campain or something for single player. If not I"d be surprised.

I can not believe people would charge monye for an addon, it would have to be 10x better than resistance for me to buy it. Is the one on the forums have like an overhead view? I hope not, that would be odd for OFP.

No way I would pay for this. Look at the screenshots - many are notingame shots, and others are obviously Photoshopped...

I find it strange that BIS/Codemasters would let them sell this... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 31 2002,05:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No way I would pay for this. Look at the screenshots - many are notingame shots, and others are obviously Photoshopped...

I find it strange that BIS/Codemasters would let them sell this... confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why would you say they're not in game shots? I see retextured objects, custom objects and a few command view shots for that overhead RTS look. Maybe it's more money than sense, but I think Å12 for 600Mb of content is a bargain, if you can play against AI and it’s also in English.

It does looks strikingly similar to the RTS2 though, think I'll send them an e-mail with my questions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ July 31 2002,05:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can not believe people would charge monye for an addon, it would have to be 10x better than resistance for me to buy it. Is the one on the forums have like an overhead view? I hope not, that would be odd for OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

Wasnt resistance not good enough for you? Or was it 10 times to poor?

Well I've tried them both and unfortunately Resistance seems to have broken the nearestObject (or something like that) command, which RTS2 relies on pretty heavily. Until they patch it I don't think the author intends to update RTS to support Resistance. So, I'm going to try and get POW, which seems to work OK with Resistance bar one not too important command. Damn bugs.

yeah..it was released some time before resitstance so there cant be a support for it... im quite sure that there is a singleplayer campaign... and that its in english too... because its avaible to buy in britain too.... but its very suprising for me that BI let them sell an addon with BIs vehicles and islands and stuff... but maybe BI gets payed for it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sparky @ July 31 2002,06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 31 2002,05:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No way I would pay for this. Look at the screenshots - many are notingame shots, and others are obviously Photoshopped...

I find it strange that BIS/Codemasters would let them sell this... confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why would you say they're not in game shots?  I see retextured objects, custom objects and a few command view shots for that overhead RTS look.  Maybe it's more money than sense, but I think Å12 for 600Mb of content is a bargain, if you can play against AI and it’s also in English.

It does looks strikingly similar to the RTS2 though, think I'll send them an e-mail with my questions.<span id='postcolor'>

POWHelipadb4Textures.jpg

pow04night2.jpg