Sign in to follow this  
meshcarver

Ladder bottom through terrain..?

Hi guys,

another quick one here.

I'm modelling all my houses/structures so they have an extra 1 meter under their "ground level" for placement on inclines etc.

I'm modelling one atm which has a ladder built into its outside wall that goes up into the attic area. Now, if I place this, and the bottom of the ladder does go about 1 meter "under" the terrain, will this affect the unit when he gets onto the ladder, like he'll momentarily disappear underground whilst he gets on or some thing..?

Cheers for your help,

Marc

Hi guys,

another quick one here.

I'm modelling all my houses/structures so they have an extra 1 meter under their "ground level" for placement on inclines etc.

I'm modelling one atm which has a ladder built into its outside wall that goes up into the attic area. Now, if I place this, and the bottom of the ladder does go about 1 meter "under" the terrain, will this affect the unit when he gets onto the ladder, like he'll momentarily disappear underground whilst he gets on or some thing..?

in your model in Oxygen 2... do you have a LOD called Land contact ? idk fully if this will affect a building... but no matter what model i have put into Arma 2... i add this lod and points at the base of my structure / where the tires will hit the ground...

also maybe make sure ur model is above the (0,0) line maybe in the O2...

but hope this helps..

Hi alexboy,

Thanks but don't think buildings have Land Contact, as they sometimes cut through terrain on an incline...

Not sure sorry Marc, not something I've tested

You can likely simulate what will happen by SETPOS'ing a standard BIS ladder (or maybe Airport control tower building) such that its partly below ground and see what happens.

...mmm, difficult one this, but surprised no-one has had experience of it before as you'd assume it'd be a regular thing.

Thanks for your feedback Gnat.