Sign in to follow this  
redpiano

Skirmish modules gone, what do I do instead?

Welp! Since they removed the skirmish modules I haven't made one mission in A3, removing those modules was a huge mistake in my opinion and now I'm spoiled on randomly spawning and pathing AI. I've used one random spawn/path script before and it made the AI behave like morons, you could stand in front of them and they'd walk past you.

So what choice have I got now? What can I do to setup randomly spawning AI that have randomly placed waypoints and paths? If I can't find a way to do this I'll probably give up on ArmA, they finally did something to make the editor easier and then took it away.

has it already been confirmed that they are gone forever? Or is it just because of the beta that they are not yet available...It would indeed be a bad thing if they are really gone...crossing fingers that they dont.

These modules were created primarily for campaign purposes. In the course of development, we've decided to handle the functionality they were supposed to have to be done differently (using Sites, getting rid of dynamic spawning altogether). You've mentioned some problems these modules had, and considering there were no resources to keep them up to date, removing them was considered the best solution.

I agree though that their removal should have been documented in the sitrep / spotrep and would like to apologize for any incovenience caused to community mission makers.

Sounds like it.