Sign in to follow this  
Tovarish

About a recent interview with mikhail kalashnikov

I thought This article was somewhat interesting, but can anyone else see what's wrong with the picture of the Ak-47 they chose for it? sheesh!

You mean besides that its not an Ak47 at all? lol

Hell, Ive seen CNN call a C130 a 'Combat Jet'

I swear to God

Lol I've seen that too Tex, it's not just CNN, the Ottawa Sun here in Canada did the same once. I guess these guys figured all weapons designed by Kalashnikov bear the designation "AK-47"

here's what we can expect:

scenario: a big mushroom-like cloud is seen during bombing.

smart ass reporter #1: shit! they are using a-bombs!

smart ass reporter #2: no you idiot! that's nuke!

smart ass reporter #3: you guys are really out of date! that's those miniature carryable nuke backpack exploding!

miltary expert: no..that's Daisy cutter.

smart ass reporter #1,#2,#3: no you idiot!

it's amazing that they don't even know how Ak-47 looks like. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Despite the success of the AK-47, Kalashnikov has never earned any money from his invention<span id='postcolor'>

That kind of amazes me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ July 30 2002,22:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Despite the success of the AK-47, Kalashnikov has never earned any money from his invention<span id='postcolor'>

That kind of amazes me.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats how communism works.

I'm sure he was very well taken care of by the Soviet state, even if he did not get paid directly. Hell if he did he'd probably rival Bill Gates in wealth. Now...well the guy is a sort of celebrity. I'd assume he gets paid for public appearences such as the one they mentioned in the interview.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm sure he was very well taken care of by the Soviet state<span id='postcolor'> A concrete flat and extra food coupons. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 30 2002,23:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm sure he was very well taken care of by the Soviet state<span id='postcolor'> A concrete flat and extra food coupons.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

not to forget a free of charge trabant smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ July 30 2002,23:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 30 2002,23:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm sure he was very well taken care of by the Soviet state<span id='postcolor'> A concrete flat and extra food coupons.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

not to forget a free of charge trabant smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, a second hand pair of shoes at the very least! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 31 2002,00:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ July 30 2002,23:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 30 2002,23:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm sure he was very well taken care of by the Soviet state<span id='postcolor'> A concrete flat and extra food coupons.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, a second hand pair of shoes at the very least!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

and a red local soviet cap for the summer and a second hand chapka for the winter smile.gifsmile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ July 31 2002,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 31 2002,00wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ July 30 2002,23:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 30 2002,23:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm sure he was very well taken care of by the Soviet state<span id='postcolor'> A concrete flat and extra food coupons.  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, a second hand pair of shoes at the very least!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

and a red local soviet cap for the summer and a second hand chapka for the winter smile.gifsmile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Steady on old boy! This is getting expensive!

hmmm ..

you're right , if he gets more he will become a capitalist smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ July 31 2002,00:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmmm ..

you're right , if he gets more he will become a capitalist smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Capitalist *SPIT*... Better have him shot...

Did you know that Kalishnikov is an NRA member? biggrin.gif

Agreed that CNN sucks.

CNN = Clinton News Network

I stick to Fox News, they are much more objective and independant.

Bleh. Spam, most of it.

Closing smile.gif