Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

What are you afraid of?

It is like a mole, I think it is nearly as blind as a mole, but instead using its hands to dig is uses its mouth to bite through the sand. Why having fur if you live underground? It is tiny but watch its teeth. BTW the strongest bit of all mammals has the hyena, it can crack back-bones with one bite, so no wonder a lion is scared of them! So this is an animal you should watch out for when you got a flat tire somewhere in the bush of Kenya biggrin.gif

I chose water. Im not afraid of water as such. Like I wont run screaming from a glass of it. Im not afraid of whats in it either, killer animals etc.

Its man made objects in water i hate. Like dams, and sleuch gates. I have a strange facination with dams, im always visiting them and taking tours, but I have a fear of ever falling into the reservoir and being sucked under into a turbine, or into a salmon ladder. And sleuch gates, well theyre just deadly!

Didnt you read my post? I think we have similar fears!  tounge.gif

Here the abstract that I mean:

I think I was like 6 when I got sick and I had a halucination I would be in a huge  old deserted deep deep swimming-gym. This gym would be totally dark except for a few tiny windows made up of these ugly thick glass-tiles. And the water would be dark and dirty and it would be totally quiet and I would have to find a way out of it! Damm, this dream still scares me, If you want to hurt me build such a gym and emprison me there.

Yeah big dark things underwater scares the big jesus out of me too.

I just came back in from smoking a cirgarette in my backyard, damn that was spooky, pitch black and the only noise was a slight drip of rain, my mind was playing serious tricks with me, i was staring at some bushes when suddently i thought i saw something moving in there, my heart jumped two beats over, and then i realised a small spider had moved right in front of my eyes making it look like there where something in the bush, i allways get totaly freaked out when being alone in nature......But i liked the rush of adrenaline biggrin.gif

Oh and another thing that freaks me out is Walker texas ranger, that ranks right up there among the scariest things in the world.

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pathfinder @ July 31 2002,09wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm afraid of deep dark water.  Even games that have it freak me out , the dam level in Half Life was creepy as hell for me to play.  And to this day deep water levels in tribes2 make me involuntarily hold my breath.<span id='postcolor'>

OMFG, I agree completely!  Those fucking fish things in Half Life scared the shit out of me, I'd always use all my explosives blasting the water if I knew an icthyosaur was somewhere in there...  I'm also scared of Tomb Raider water! In fact, everything in Tomb Raider can take a hell of alot of gunshots to kill, so everythings sort of scary... hmm... confused.gif

And real-life deep water isnt much better, except for swimming pools... they're fine to me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 30 2002,01:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ July 30 2002,01:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 29 2002,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I do hate sharks, I can't enjoy swimming in the tropics at all. After seeing the film of that massive Great White in the Med I don't like there as much now!<span id='postcolor'>

I know! I hate the water enough as it is just because i'v almost drowned a couple times, but on top of that, there are animals in there that want to eat me!<span id='postcolor'>

Drowning would be paradise for me instead of seeing a massive shark in the water!<span id='postcolor'>

*sigh*

Sharks aren't dangerous animals, they're as dangerous as dogs, movies like Jaws are total bullshit, a shark will never attack a human, thinking: Hmmm, i like human meat and i wanne kill that asshole.

As i said, dogs are as dangerous as sharks, if you show a hungry dog a piece of food, then he'll jump and try to bite in it. Sharks do the same thing, if they are really hungry and you're having an unlucky day, then the shark will bite you. The moment he realizes that you aren't a huge fish or seawhale, he'll let go. Only a minority will keep biting you, and those are the freaked out ones, there also are freaked out dogs. On the land you can quickly react so the dog doesn't bite in your hand, but in the water, the shark is the king and most of the time you don't even know that the shark is coming.

I think it's our own fault when we get attacked by sharks, we shouldn't swim in areas where there are sharks, it's their piece of the world and it's normal that they mistake us for food once in a while. Especially surfers look a lot like seawhales (or whatever they are called). Just go swim in some sea without any sharks... biggrin.gif

Probably thanks to been brought up in New Zealand where there are not many poisinous creatures(only one specie of spider, and no snakes, only the occasional water snake washes up north), I dont really fear them. I dont like big crowds, but I dont so much fear them. Drowning or burning to death holds ver little appeal, and I nearly drowned when I was about two. I have never been afraid of swimming pools, and even body boarded in the sea for a while, but I have never learnt to swim. I lack convidence in the water, escpicilay if it goes over my head. Talking about things in water, in Blood 2, there were these little water snake things. They were black and liked sewers. If you got close enough toi them, they would suddenly jump up and latch on to your face! And you could see all their teeth. And the buggers wouldnt go away...... To deal with them, everytime I entered the sewers or anyplace with water, I would plaster it with mini gun fire followed by grenades from an M203 and remote bombs.

I don't fear any animals, of course i don't come too close to snakes and animals like that but that's not because i'm afraid, that's just because i don't feel like being bitten just because i did something stupid. biggrin.gif

I'm not fond of heights, i'd never climb a huge mountain on my own, but i've already done it with my dad and also with some friends, i can enjoy it if i want but i'd rather stay with both my feet on the ground biggrin.gif

I'm not afraid of the night, actually, i like darkness, perhaps that's where my name came from.

I like darkness because i have rather good eyes, i can spot things without having too much problems. I also like to lie down and just wait and listen during "night games", darkness is the ideal cover and i love it. When you don't move, people can just walk past you and when their backs are turned to you, you jump an them making weird noises that scare the shit outta them. Hehehe, yeah, then i know for sure that it was worth waiting for 30 minutes until that guy was close enough biggrin.gif I can make a noise that sounds like the hissing of a cat, so that's great to use 'against" people at night biggrin.gif

I don't like to go into caves and stuff like that, i'm waaaay too big to crawl into them smile.gif but that's not really a fear because i don't freak out or i'm not really scared of it. I've also did that too, but i'm not gonna do it again out of my own will biggrin.gif

Oh btw, i can't understand why ppl can be afraid of animals like spiders, ok, the big ones are pretty scary, but the small ones aren't that bad wink.gif

Did you know... that in the average house there live about 7000 spiders?

Eeeenjoooy.

I guess that's all, i love water too, not afraid of it, i'd love to go diving some day and learn how to hold my breath for a long time so i can dive without those bottles...

after seeing signs, im afraid of aliens invading, and making crop circles. smile.gif No, not really, but that was still a very good movie