Sign in to follow this  
reaper lok

Beta incoming! Can I get some feedback - confirmed features etc

This is not a wishlist thread or a post listing demands, more a question or possibly some discussion (after all that is what a forum is designed for), regarding something that has been on my mind since ArmA 3 was announced.

1. Have the Dev team ever played their game with these following community made additions?

ACRE (Radio Environment)

JSRS (Sound system)

Shack Tac HUD (Situational awareness HUD)

2. If yes (and I am 100% sure they know all about these fantastic additions), why are we on the verge of the Beta release without any of these well known and well loved features being implemented?

My only reason for this post is to get an idea of how many of you/us will be using these above listed addons as soon as they are ready.

The Alpha is great, the fact the community were involved in the Alpha is excellent but in my humble opinion the true evolution of the series would be to take note of not just what the community picks out as bugs and glitches but what the community uses and coverts.

Stop the madness and work with these fantastic modders and make Arma 3 the best game it can be and not the almost best game it could have been, lol

Stop the madness and work with these fantastic modders and make Arma 3 the best game it can be and not the almost best game it could have been, lol
I'm just going to correct you here: Arma 3 was always going to be "the almost best game it could have been" simply because "the best game it can be" is a pie-in-the-sky fantasy unhindered by budgets or deadlines. :p

Seriously though, the devs seem to be perfectly aware of ACRE, JSRS, and ShackTac HUD... other than sounds, it sounds like a case of "we didn't want to make this vanilla" and the fact that after a while they were going to have to lock in the features anyway.

I think we can safely assume that community mods are not confirmed to be in the commercial release of a3.

Thread closed.