Sign in to follow this  
hacksaw

How to simply retexture a soldier.

Hi all,

I originally was going to make a Tan vs Green Army men mod, but since there was little to no interest I just decided to make a mission. My question is, how do I retexture a single soldier to be tan or green? I don't want to make a whole new pbo, I just need it to be in the mission.

Thanks

Not sure about this but if you make a .paa format retextured image of the soldier's UV map then you could use the setTexture command.

Not sure about this but if you make a .paa format retextured image of the soldier's UV map then you could use the setTexture command.

No, doesn't work, setTexture doesn't exist, and setObjectTexture only works for objects such as vehicles.

No, doesn't work, setTexture doesn't exist, and setObjectTexture only works for objects such as vehicles.

Yes, you're right about setTexture, but setObjectexture should work on units aswell. I remember there was a police script for Operation Arrowhead which was addon free and simply retextured PMC soldiers.

Yes, you're right about setTexture, but setObjectexture should work on units aswell. I remember there was a police script for Operation Arrowhead which was addon free and simply retextured PMC soldiers.
Yeah, but it doesn't work with the USMC or US units which I'm using.

When I retexture BAF soldiers I use Setobjectexture (_objectname setobjecttexture [0,"texture.paa"]) please note that the 0 can be changed to 1 2 3 etc and is a diffrent part of the unit or vehicle. Also what I've discovered is that some units can't be retextured.

Not all of the official content has setobjecttexture functionality, it was something that became mainstream/the norm after Arrowhead.

If it doesn't have setobjecttexture functionality, and you don't want to make a pbo, then you're out of luck, I'm afraid.

You can get away with a pbo with only a config and a texture in it, but it still requires a pbo.

You can get away with a pbo with only a config and a texture in it, but it still requires a pbo.

Well looks like off to go find out how to make a mod!