Sign in to follow this  
fred41

@moderators, you starts to closing critical threads to a bit to rigorous

Why do you close critical posts/threads that fast/rigorous?

What is the sense of this forum, if not exchange of informations/meanings and yes, emotions?

Examples:

open for only 8 min, although contains very interesting statements

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?156795-Is-ArmA-3-engine-really-this-bad

here another thread, closed...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?156675-Anyone-left-working-on-ArmA-3

To remember this is the topic:

"Discuss all aspects of the Alpha version of Arma 3"

... i think a bit more respect would be appropriate ...

... sorry, what rule do you mean exactly?

§18) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please Private Message them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please Private Message the Bohemia Interactive Forum Moderation Team Leader (Placebo), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

The problem is that most people who have a problem with something are also having problems with the rules and how they present what they want to present. Meaning they e.g. create new threads for their individual problems when there are already threads to post in; so rule 7 applies.

And ironically, even this very thread is a prime example of it.

Rule 18 states: No public discussion on how the forum is moderated. That means your concerns should have been taken to PM.

You know, personally, I don't care if you like or don't like Arma 3 or anything that is associated with it. Sure as someone who thinks BIS is a bunch of great guys, I'd want as many people as possible to like it as well but actually, especially as a moderator, I couldn't care less. You can like or dislike.

It's my job to make sure that the forum rules get respected, that the forum is clean from spam and generally a pleasant place to stay, share and discuss.

The discussion can be anything. It can be pro Arma/BIS or contra Arma/BIS just as long as it's conform with the very simple forum rules. As I said however, it's really noticable that the people who complain about something are often for some reason not able to act according to the rules.

Usually you should get an infraction/warning for discussing moderation in public. And that's it. It's a warning for discussing moderating in public. It doesn't mean that someone wants to discredit your opinion but simply the fact you violated the forum rules. I'll let this one slip.

But of course, most of the people affected by stuff like that will feel the administrative action has taken place due to their voiced opinion...

If you have a problem with something, search the correct thread to post in, think about what you want to say, take some time to post and I will guarantee you, you will be welcomed to the discussion.

Edited by PurePassion

to answer OP why:

threads which serve no purpose or are flame-fest shall be closed asap ...

otherwise it's just full of trolling nonsense ...

there is plenty of other forums where such rants can go widely ...

we want constructive discussion and informative or relaxing (mostly) content here