Sign in to follow this  
Crierd

Fire?

The good idea fairy strikes again.

Perhaps this is too ambitious for the Arma 3 engine...but has anyone ever considered the possibility of fire? I was just pondering a mission where you need to smoke/burn someone out of a house, or flare/incendiary grenade causing a fire that spreads and cuts off an avenue of approach, or the smoke billowing out in the distance. Imagine if a house was on fire in a small village and smoke goes everywhere, turning an HVT snatch into a flustercuck. The lighting from A3 could make serious fires look awesome.

I'm sure your imagination can think of many more instances involving fire, but I thought I'd put this thread up to get everyone's creative juices flowing, and maybe to give the devs an idea.

It's already possible. JTD Fire and Smoke is a mod for A2. One can talk about how graphically rudimentary it is for the fires, but it can be done in the engine. With a lot of particle effects work, I'm sure it could be convincing WITH wider area effects (smoky air within 500m).

ACE adds fire and fire propagation to A2, as well. Totally possible.

ArmA 3: Community wishes & ideas|NO DISCUSSION

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

§8) Post in the right forum & right thread

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator. If a thread exists for the topic you wish to post about you must use it, for example all ACE questions belong in the ACE thread. All addon/mod questions belong in the thread for that addon/mod. In the case of DayZ discussions they should be posted on the DayZ forums, this includes problems with the Modification. The troubleshooting forum is not for problems with Addons and Mods!

Forum rules