Sign in to follow this  
Mattaustr

Model Error? - Building Structure

Hello all,

I have made a building in Arma 3, based on a life mission (take away shop). It's pretty high poly, contains quite a few proxies.

The proxies themselves load find as a whole but the main model itself is causing an issue which is about 13,000 faces. (Loads fine in buldozer) The issue is that when you go near the building the whole game just goes black and freezes making me have to go to task manager and end the process.

To elaborate a bit more, you can see the building in arma 3, like the 2.0 3.0 resolution lod but as soon as you walk near it or zoom in upon it the above issue happens.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Cheers, Matt.

[update] I tried putting this model in ARMA 2 and it has no problems, it only does the issue in Arma 3. Hope that may help.

Edited by Mattaustr

Sound like prob in 0 or 1 Lod

Make sure something not hidden

Yeah I definitely think it's in the 0 lod.

I removed the other res lods; 1 and 2, and the same issue is occurring. I'll see if something is hidden and report back.

[Added]

By saying if something is hidden do you mean a hidden selection because I have unhid all selections.

[solved]

Ok I fixed the issue, apparently it was a bad texture. I removed every texture and tested the model. It worked and once it worked I just removed the texture I thought caused the issue and now it works fine.