Sign in to follow this  
Juicymarmalade

What determines my profile name?

So I had to reinstall windows on my PC due to a trojan some time ago and all my stuff was cleared so when I reinstalled Arma III I noticed my profile name had changed from juicymarmalade to juicy_000 or something.

Is there a way to change it, and what exactly determines what your profile name is anyway? I remember when I first played the game it never asked to enter a profile name it just automatically set it to juicymarmalade. I do use that name for a lot of other games but I don't use it for Steam or anything else linked to Arma so I'm not sure how it would determine that my username is what it is.

Could someone please explain? Thanks :)

The first profile which is created automatically when the game launches, this uses the Computer Windows Profile name. To change your profile, navigate to that section within game and you should be able to add a second, with a custom name.

Edited by MissileMoose
Corrected by Deadfast.

Is it possible to rename the primary profile? I see that you can't do it in-game. Or does renaming your computer name dynamically update the profile?

That sorta sucks if we can't control the in-game profile name independent of the Windows install name :/

The first profile which is created automatically when the game launches, this uses the "Computer name", found in your computer properties.

That's incorrect, it uses the name of your Windows profile.

Is it possible to rename the primary profile? I see that you can't do it in-game. Or does renaming your computer name dynamically update the profile?/

You cannot rename the default profile, you can create a new one and then copy the setting files over.

Is it possible to rename the primary profile? I see that you can't do it in-game. Or does renaming your computer name dynamically update the profile?

That sorta sucks if we can't control the in-game profile name independent of the Windows install name :/

Within the "Profiles" menu of the game, it's possible to create as many profiles as you wish, with custom names and independent game settings. The only restriction is renaming the original profile name, but due to the above, that's unneeded.

That's incorrect, it uses the name of your Windows profile.

Thank you for the correction. Both the computer name and profile name are the same on my system, it did confuse me a little.

Edited by MissileMoose