Sign in to follow this  
Basxt

AI helicopter pickup How to?

Yeah,

So i'm making this mission where I want to be picked up by a helicopter and noticing when I entered. After I have entered I would like it to fly to the end destination and unload all men and then fly away.

Is there any way to do this?

I have searched the whole forum for this answer and didn't find it.

Thanks!

It's about the most common question on this forum :) Using your exact thread title:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149284-How-can-I-make-a-helicopter-exfil-by-AI&highlight=helicopter+pick

Wow.

I tried that but the helicopter just stays in the air:/

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

So this doesn't seem to be working as the heli just stays flying still at one spot.

1. Go into the Editor, and place a civilian down at the Airport and make it "Player" (you will be watching what happens)

2. Place a BLUFOR Soldier unit down somewhere nearby and create a waypoint for the BLUFOR Soldier called "Get In" and put it a little bit far away.

3. Now, put a helicopter unit down on the map, the one that carries troops (Is it called the MH-16?)

4. Create a waypoint for the helicopter called "Load" and put it near the "Get In" waypoint.

5. Create another waypoint for the helicopter called "MOVE" and place it somewhere far far away.

6. Now, go to the Synchronize Tool (I think you just need to push F5) and CONNECT the "Load" and "Get In" Waypoints. It should be a Solid Blue Line that connects them.

7. Preview the mission. The helicopter should pick the soldier up and fly off into the sunset (For your mission, you will be playing as the soldier)

Wow.

it's kinda tricky. I think you have to make sure you actually move to the 'get in' point, or the heli won't land

Wow.

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:29 ----------

So this doesn't seem to be working as the heli just stays flying still at one spot.

1. Go into the Editor, and place a civilian down at the Airport and make it "Player" (you will be watching what happens)

2. Place a BLUFOR Soldier unit down somewhere nearby and create a waypoint for the BLUFOR Soldier called "Get In" and put it a little bit far away.

3. Now, put a helicopter unit down on the map, the one that carries troops (Is it called the MH-16?)

4. Create a waypoint for the helicopter called "Load" and put it near the "Get In" waypoint.

5. Create another waypoint for the helicopter called "MOVE" and place it somewhere far far away.

6. Now, go to the Synchronize Tool (I think you just need to push F5) and CONNECT the "Load" and "Get In" Waypoints. It should be a Solid Blue Line that connects them.

7. Preview the mission. The helicopter should pick the soldier up and fly off into the sunset (For your mission, you will be playing as the soldier)

Try placing an 'H' where the chopper is meant to land (located under objects). It helps tell the AI where it's safe/suitable to land.

Yeah basically you need an invisible helipad and the heli should try to land on the helipad.