Sign in to follow this  
niv

various issues loading mods on the latest linux server

Hi there,

I'm having various issues running the current linux server.

1) It doesn't see all mods given to -mod="". Specifically, it doesn't load some islands even though the island itself and all dependencies are given in -mods="". Running the same miz on the same modset, but with a windows server binary, works fine.

Here's how I installed it:

- uploaded arma 2 arrowhead/*. from a default windows steam install (non-beta)

- uploaded arma2/addons/ from a default windows steam install (non-beta)

- uploaded the latest a2oa/expansion/beta

- uploaded the acr lite patch to acr_lite/

- uploaded all mods (as listed below) that we're using

- converted everything to lowercase

- increased max open fd limit (to 8k). used fds for a running arma2 server lists about 1500.

- downloaded latest linux beta and copied the server binary over

All uploads have been done with rsync and are binary-identical.

Here's the startup parameters I'm using to run the server as given by the debug echo in "a":

-cfg=basic.cfg -mod="expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion;ca;acr_lite;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@achmed;@acre;@asr_ai;@beton;@brg_africa;@caa1_oac;@caa1_objects;@caa1_plantsclassic;@caa1_worlds;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@chn_crocodile;@clafghan;@csj_snake;@dm_m4variants;@ibr_lcivilians;@ibr_plants;@lingor;@local;@mbg_buildings2;@mbg_buildings3;@mbg_celle2;@mbg_killhouses;@mb_objects;@mcc_sandbox;@mcn_aliabad;@mcn_hazarkot;@opx_objects;@plr_mana;@razmisc;@sangin"

Here is the run script I am using, a full directory listing to illustrate things, and the server logfile. In this logfile I'm trying to play 2 different missions, the first one on hellskitchen (@sangin), which drops the client back to the mission selection screen; and the second one is on @mcn_aliabad, which loads fine on server and client but emits spurious not found errors ->

2) Some mods are apparently loaded and used and missions depending on them work, but still emit errors in the log file.

I'm seeing lots of spam like this:

Error: Item of aggregateReflectors is not an array
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
dm_weapons
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
csj_snake

They exist though:

l \@csj_snake/addons/
total 3372
drwxr-xr-x 2 arma2 arma2    4096 Sep 29  2012 ./
drwxr-xr-x 5 arma2 arma2    4096 Sep 29  2012 ../
-rwxr-xr-x 1 arma2 arma2 3426208 Sep 29  2012 csj_snake.pbo*

3) What CBA version do I have to use on the linux serverside? On the client, we're using the latest beta that 6updater provides, and as such CBA_CO is added as a dep. However, the linux server seems to still want the A2/OA thing. This generates some version mismatch errors on player login.

What's wrong with my setup?

Thanks!

Edited by niv

Try turning off selinux and escaping your ;'s

@mod1\;@mod2 etc

First selinux and if that doesn't help the escaping .. in theory "quoting" should be enough.

selinux (or any other LSM) isn't in use.

Escaping the ; results in the server not loading any mods at all.

-mod="expansion/beta\;expansion/beta/expansion\;ca\;acr_lite\;@ace\;@acex\;@acex_ru\;@acex_usnavy\;@achmed\;@acre\;@asr_ai\;@beton\;@brg_africa\;@caa1_oac\;@caa1_objects\;@caa1_plantsclassic\;@caa1_worlds\;@cba\;@cba_a2\;@cba_oa\;@chn_crocodile\;@clafghan\;@csj_snake\;@dm_m4variants\;@ibr_lcivilians\;@ibr_plants\;@lingor\;@mbg_buildings2\;@mbg_buildings3\;@mbg_celle2\;@mbg_killhouses\;@mb_objects\;@mcc_sandbox\;@mcn_aliabad\;@mcn_hazarkot\;@opx_objects\;@plr_mana\;@razmisc\;@sangin"

(this doesn't hit the shell anymore, this is what the server will see when parsing it's argv).

I'm also not sure about expansion/beta, expansion/beta/expansion, and ca since the wiki doesn't mention them, but they seem to be needed to run a CO server installed as described above (I took them from my working windows server install). :confused:

The beta server is launched with the -beta='expansion/beta;expansion/beta/expansion' argument. If you are using the script that comes with the Linux server to launch, ensure your server line points to the beta server in its dir, and not the root ArmA 2 dir. As well as the ArmA 2 root dir being set correctly.

Mods are launched with -mod='@youmodshere;@someothermod' argument. Also 'ca' is loaded, you do not need to add it to list.

If you use the " ' ", you then do not need the " \ " to seperate mods.

...Syn...