Sign in to follow this  
Warin

Good heavens!

I came across this at CNN.

What on earth is going on? sad.gif

It is sort of distressing that something is pushing these men to the extremes they have gone... and considering they are the cream of the crop (pecial forces) there has to be something pretty stressful involved.

Hopefull it IS just an anomaly.

And this totally isnt meant to bash the US Army in the least..it's just amazement and curiosity as to what is going on.

Geesh this is terrible. My immediate prayers goes out to the victims' families.

Just heard about this on the new, quite odd.

i guess the stress from the operation in afghanistan could have made those soldiers more aggressive, and wives were not able to expect it either. sad.gif

I gotta admit I dont really find anything all that unusual about this. 4 guys killed their wives and 3 of them were in afghanistan one of them being in "the 96th Civil Affairs Battalion" so Im not really seeying a big connection here, but that just me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ July 27 2002,08:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I gotta admit I dont really find anything all that unusual about this. 4 guys killed their wives and 3 of them were in afghanistan one of them being in "the 96th Civil Affairs Battalion" so Im not really seeying a big connection here, but that just me.<span id='postcolor'>

You dont find it odd that four guys on one base have killed their wives, all in a period of less than a month?

All righty then....

No for some reason I actually dont find it that odd still, Ill wait and see if they come up with any specific reason.

Uhm, you train guys to kill people. You send them to a warzone. You feed them all kinds of crap about how righteous the cause is. And then you expect them never to snap? Eh, OK.

And before you flame me about the righteous cause crap. I am simply saying that no matter how righteous a cause is, killing a person is still killing a person. Killing several people is still killing several people. Not dealing properly with it, or if a person is under enough stress as it is, makes for an unstable psyche.

And yes, it is odd 4 guys on the same base do it in such a short period.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And then you expect them never to snap? <span id='postcolor'> I expect a bricklayer to lay bricks, I expect soldiers to do their jobs too. If their training was poor then it should serve as a lesson.

"I expect a bricklayer to lay bricks, I expect soldiers to do their jobs too. If their training was poor then it should serve as a lesson."

You honestly compare laying bricks to shooting people? To witnessing massacres? To maybe seeing your friends die and not being able to do anything about it? Wow. I never knew bricklayers were under such pressure! Any bricklayers wifes die recently?

"Female, 26, killed by insane bricklayer! The police thinks he saw one brick to many and just snapped. Killing his..."

umm, odd that they report on that now.

these guys probably weren't spec-4s, but the guys in the army aren't exactly known for their mild manners.

in the city I live an officer not too long ago chased his wife in another car and when she wrecked her's got out and fatally shot her. that wasn't even the only violent incident around the barracks.

don't remember cnn reporting on that.

stuff happens all the time. just doesn't always get reported.

doesn't justify anything of course. feel for the victims + their families. God have mercy on them. and the whole country.